Helpful
Replies

Adding dummy endpoint in TMS for recording alias

Chuck Reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Ran into an issue during a new install.

We are trying to add a dummy endpoint in TMS as a preconfigured system with a dummy mac address and a sip uri of a recording alias in TCS.

We have the endpoint added in TMS, but we are unable to set the allow bookings checkbox to be enabled.

Due to this issue, when we try to use TMSXE to synch the dummy endpoint with an Exchange mailbox, the synch fails with an error regarding booking not being enabled.

Our goal is to allow outlook users to schedule a recording alias when they schedule a video conference.

The setting for enabling bookings on the dummy endpoint is grayed out in TMS. This is an AD integrated alias in TCS and Show n Share.

Any idea if I am missing something or is this just not supported?

Thanks,

Chuck

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is a picture of the room:

And the Allow remote booking is set to yes. The allow remote booking will only appear if you have the exchange option key installed.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chuck

What version of TMSXE are you using. At least pre TMSXE the TCS could be added as a resource to TMSXE and be booked like a normal endpoint in outlook. But the problem is the custom recording aliases. For this it is recommended to book the meeting in TMS as here you can select the different aliases on the TCS. Booking it in outlook will use the default one i guess.

An alternative might be to look into the cisco form as here you can add external dialouts i.e a custom recording alias.

I need to check this more closely when i get to the office tomorrow but if i could know the XE version your implementing it would be great.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Magnus,

We are on 13.1.2 on TMS, latest versions of software on all gear as of today.

TMSXE is 3.0

Exchnage 2007 and Outlook 2007

We are able to use the external participants button on the Cisco form and then type in the sip uri of the recording alias and that works fine.

We were just hoping to add recording aliases via dummy endpoints in TMS and then synch them with exchange via TMSXE and that appears to not work due to inability to enable bookings on the dummy endpoint.

The TCS to TMS integration does allow for the recording aliases in TCS to be available in TMS but this is limited to only local aliases in TCS. None of our active directory aliases in TCS show up in TMS and this is clearly not supported if you read through the integration procedure in the TCS admin guide, only local accounts show up in TMS. This would be a feature enhancement for future, to be able to support AD aliases in the integration to TMS from TCS.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pre TMSXE 3.0* correction in my previous post.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chuck

I was talking about the TCS local recording aliases. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I did a quick test on this now and I added a "Room" in TMS containing a sip URI which might as well have been a random recording alias. I saved it and checked the "Allow remote booking" and it was greyed out. But I found out that I had used up all my lisences. So I sent to one of the endpoints which had the "Allow remote bookings" set to "Yes" and I unchecked this. This allowed me to set the remote booking to yes on the room I just created containing the recording alias.

I created the mailbox and added the "Room" to exchange. I then made a successful booking with the room and another endpoint.

So it might just happen that you have used up all your licenses as the licenses are counted by how many endpoints that are allowed for remote booking. Can you check this?

If you have free licenses I don't know if you created this endpoint as a room or as "other equipment", I did not test that but at least I get it to work as a "room endpoint".

Hope this helps

Magnus

Hi Magnus,

Is the license limitation due to licenses installed on the TMS server?

Trying to figure out which licenses they may need to purchase.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi

The lisences I am talking about is the Exchange licenses

Option: TANDBERG Microsoft Exchange Integration Package (3 registered systems in TMS)

This option comes in many different sizes depending on how many systems you want to enable exchange booking on. 

So Basically I had 3 systems which had "Allow remote booking" enabled (this defines if a exchange license is used or not for this particular system) and thereby I had used all the licenses. All other systems will now have the "Allow remote booking" set to no and the field will be grayed out. In this case I can either buy more Exchange licenses or disable remote booking on one of my current remote booking enabled endpoints.

Hope this helps.

/Magnus

Im not familair where you find that license, i take it it's not in TMS?

I have the following still avaiable on TMS:

Total Client Solution Package Licenses:0
Available Client Solution Package Licenses:0
Total System Licenses:35
Available System Licenses:19
Available System Licenses (TMS agent):35
Total Movi Licenses:200
Available Movi Licenses:

I have about 30 ports registered from an mcu and about 10 C 20's registered

I have generated this key and It might be something else. But it is definately an exchange lisence key you need in order be able to book the systems through TMSXE.

/Magnus

I ahve this many licenses in TMS for TMSXE and I have about 10 systems synched to exchange via TMSXE

TANDBERG Microsoft Exchange Integration Package (25 registered systems in TMS)

Here is a picture of the room:

And the Allow remote booking is set to yes. The allow remote booking will only appear if you have the exchange option key installed.

I found my issue, I was adding the rec alias as a pre-configured endpoint, not as a room. I'll chekc it now.

Aha that explains it.

That won't work. If you add the dummy endpoint as a room it will get an endpoint ID in TMS and will be seen as an endpoint. Usually we use this option for other equipment that is not supported by TMS like lifesize etc to be able to book them. But you can use it to create recording aliases.

This meeting was booked with exchange where the sip@test.com would be my recording alias:

A pre configured endpoint will stay in TMS until it's been activated by a boot trap from the endpoint. This is for endpoints e.g are behind firewall (SoHo) or just pre deployed.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: