Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Other Endpoints to TMS

binu.john
Level 1
Level 1

Hi TP Experts,

We have a VCS and TMS(V13) installed and configured with tandberg endpoints, all the tandberg endpoints are discovered with TMS and manage the phone book through it. Even iam able to add Polycom videoconferencing system to TMS.

But from TMS when i tried to add SONY video conferencing system,iam not able to add and its shows "System not in Database". Both Polycom and SONY system iam able to call by dialing with IP from my cisco Tandberg endpoints.

I would like to know can i add SONY system to my TMS?, so that i could dial from my phone book rather typing IP Address everytime.

Thanks

John

7 Replies 7

Chuck Reid
Level 1
Level 1

If the Sony endpoint does not support snmp, there is a setting under I think it's advanced settings, where you type in the ip address or host name of what you are trying to add. Its just below the box where you type in the IP when adding a new system. it's a check box that says add device that does not support snmp. Try that one.

Chuck

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John

It really depends on what Sony model you are trying to add. As I remember we do not support a lot of Sony models, especially the new ones. Is it an XG unit? In that case it's not supported. PCS-1 is supported so if this is the unit you are trying to add then we will take a closer look.

An alternative is to add the system as a "Room". When you click add systems, select the tab room and type in the endpoint information manually. It will not have the same funtionality but still you will be able to see the resource and book it. It wont have access to feedback or phonebooks unfortunately, but this is the only way if you want it added.

First it would be nice if you could share the Sony model with us.

/Magnus

Thanks Charles and Magnus,

We had tried to add with the option charles mentioned,but it didnt worked.

My requirement is to show the SONY Endpoint on the phonebook which i configured on TMS, and the user should be able to dial from there.

The SONY model is PCS-G70.

Thanks

John

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks, i do not think that model is supported but i will look into it to get it confirmed.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Archil Sokhadze
Level 1
Level 1

is sony PCS-G50  supported on TMS   ?

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

No, at least it was not before, i have not tested on the newest software. Have you checked the product support guide?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Archil Sokhadze
Level 1
Level 1

Sony PCS Series

At a glance

TMS version tested 13.2.1

Product status Deprecated

Product software versions -

tested

Product software versions -

target

Sony PCS series represents the PCS-1600, PCS6000, TL-50, GL-70, and PCS-1 endpoints and their

variants.

This section is incomplete in this revision of the documentation and will be completed in an upcoming

revision of this document.

Product Support Reference Guide

Version 13 – Rev 01

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: