Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding TCS into existing conference call thru TMS

I have a situation in where an existing VC call is happening in TMS and i want to add a TCS into that call

in TMS, when i go into "add participants" within that call, all i get is the selections of "Endpoints and Rooms | Phone Books | External | Templates | Equipment" options, so what I did was to use External but that only allows me to enter in alias or ip address, it does not allow me to select the bandwidth that I want.  so when it connects it only connects at 1152kbps.  where can this be changed to reflect higher bandwidth?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding TCS into existing conference call thru TMS

I was talking about from within TMS, not through TCS web GUI.

You can either create an entry in a phone book source and set the required bandwitdh there, then select Phonebooks etc instead of External - or....highlight one of the participants in the conference in the  CCC, and you will, if TCS is registered to this TMS, get the same recording options as you do when scheduling a conference, and you can also set the bandwitdh there - again, this is within TMS, not the TCS web GUI.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
6 REPLIES

Adding TCS into existing conference call

If the TCS is registered to the same TMS then all of the aliases should be registered with TMS and you choose which one you want from the recording drop-down menu;

You will have to select the TCS and hit "Force Refresh" if you have just added aliases, before these will show up as an option.

It the TCS is external, and not registered to this TMS, then you'll have to either select it as you're doing, in either case you can change the bandwidth by selecting "Connection Settings", then "Settings" (far right) which will bring up a pop-up window where you can specify bandwidth you wish to use. All of this information is readily available within TMS, click on "?" on the page where you are in TMS, and the admin guide might also be of some assistance.

also TCS register with VCS with an alias or SIP uri as configured in TCS settings

you can add or dial out this alias/URI to be joined as a participant in the meeting

hope this help

the question was more based on the scenario on what Marawanshawi indicated and not from scheduling a new call.  that i know it can work but when adding tcs into an existing call is different

i know i can add TCS into an existing meeting thru TCS web browser itself and join into the existing conference but what i forgot to mention is my intention to add the participant thru TMS and not thru Codian or TCS web browser, sorry for my misinformation in the beginning.

I was talking about from within TMS, not through TCS web GUI.

You can either create an entry in a phone book source and set the required bandwitdh there, then select Phonebooks etc instead of External - or....highlight one of the participants in the conference in the  CCC, and you will, if TCS is registered to this TMS, get the same recording options as you do when scheduling a conference, and you can also set the bandwitdh there - again, this is within TMS, not the TCS web GUI.

Adding TCS into existing conference call thru TMS

Thanks for that suggestion, have added the TCS as a phonebook and was able to add on the of TCS alias into an existing vc session

Anthony

is it clearer now and working as you wanted ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content