Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

adhoc Video conferencing

Dear Experts.

I have the below setup  to support video conferencing. I have SX20 and cisco jabber registered to call manager (as SIP). I have MX3000 endpoints are registered to VCS as H323 ID. we Have conductor and MCU to support video conferencing. 

there are 2 templates for confernecing: Meetme and ad hoc.

Meet me conferencing is working perfectly

ad hoc conference is not working. I am trying it from cisco jabber in CUCM, it falls always audio conference.

Conductor is added to call manager and registered. added to media resource group.

SIP trunks are added for meet me and ad hoc conference.

do you have any idea why the ad hoc is not working ?

Software versions

CUCM 10.5

VCS 8.2.2

Jabber: 10.5

SX20: TC 7.1.2

Conductor X2.3

One more thing. SX20 doesn't have the softkey to add participant to the call 

Thanks in advance for your help

Anas

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Please, move this question

Please, move this question into Telepresence community to get the visibility with MXP experts. This community is for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace and Cisco WebEx Meetings Server products.

I hope this will help.

-Dejan

I would say to properly use

I would say to properly use the adhoc functionality of CUCM you should have the video endpoints registered to CUCM. Maybe a MTP is added in your call flow which causes it to end up as a audio only call or maybe an other issue with your media resource groups.

Check out:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/conductor/config_guide/TelePresence-Conductor-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-XC2-3.pdf

There is also some info how to troubleshoot

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,thanks for your

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply. 

I can't add all endpoints to the CUCM. some endpoints are legacy H323 and should register to VCS.

I test the call also between endpoints registered only in CUCM.

the conductor is registered and added to MRG,MRGL and assigned via device pool and device itself.

there is no MTP inserted in the sip trunk. 

waiting your feedback

Regards

Anas

Hi Martin,my issue is

Hi Martin,

my issue is resolved now.

My issue was with locations in call manager. after I fix the bandwidth the adhoc call starts working.

for SX20, I configure the multiway on the device. that enables using adhoc feature in SX20.

HTH

Anas

Views
Helpful
Replies