Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advise on Edge 95

Hi

I would like to know more about Edge 95 especially on "4 video conferencing and 3 audio conferencing" part

How does it work? does it include 4 video and 3 audio at the same time?

We have a client requesting for Edge 95

I'm aware that it is already EOL and the replacement is SX20.

But SX20 does not cover all the features of Edge 95, such as BRI and connector (RCA, S-Video)

So i'm thinking of SX20 / C40 + ISDN Link. (Quick question: which one is near to Edge 95 features, SX20 or C40?)

But i'm not sure on audio conferencing part. Please help on audio part.

Need your advise on this

Please advise

Best Regards,

Syahrir Mohamed Yatim

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yep, that's correct - the multi-site licence allows you to have youself + three additional participants - you cannot have a total of 7 - unless you use some form of MCU.

The older Edge MXPs could do the full 7 (youself and three others via video, and 3 additional audio - as long as everything was within the 2304kbpds bandwidth limitation), but as you mentioned, the Edge 95MXPs went End-of-Sale on 14 May 2013 so are no longer available.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

Yes,

With a C40, and the Multi-Site licence, you should be able to support youself, + three other video participants, + 1 audio call.  I have just dialled this combination myself on a unit here (C60) to double check this and can confirm it worked.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SX20 is a quickset box - meaning the connectors and integration options are much more limited than something like the C40/C60.

You are correct that the Cisco TelePresence ISDN Link paired with either device will give you the required ISDN/BRI access.

You can have 2 video (yourself and another) and one additonal audio participant out of the box.  A multi-site licence key is required for more than that (the same occurred with the Edge 95s), up to a maximum of 4 video participants (yourself + 3 others).

Wayne

--

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Thanks for your reply

Quick question

Does it mean that "4 video conferencing and 3 audio conferencing" is not in same conference? It is either 4 video call or 3 audio call only and not both, right?

I'm a bit confused on that part. Please help me on to clarify

Best regards

SYahrir Mohamed Yatim

Yep, that's correct - the multi-site licence allows you to have youself + three additional participants - you cannot have a total of 7 - unless you use some form of MCU.

The older Edge MXPs could do the full 7 (youself and three others via video, and 3 additional audio - as long as everything was within the 2304kbpds bandwidth limitation), but as you mentioned, the Edge 95MXPs went End-of-Sale on 14 May 2013 so are no longer available.

Wayne

--

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the answer.

It clears my doubt on Edge95.

I'll probably go with C40.

If i use CTS-INTP-C40-K9 installed with MS license, am i correct in saying that it support (myself + 3 other video call + 1 audio call).

Best Regards

Syahrir Mohamed Yatim

Yes,

With a C40, and the Multi-Site licence, you should be able to support youself, + three other video participants, + 1 audio call.  I have just dialled this combination myself on a unit here (C60) to double check this and can confirm it worked.

Wayne

--

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Thanks for your answer and help

Appreciate it very much.

Best Regards

Syahrir Mohamed Yatim