Views
Helpful
Replies

Alter calling presentation

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all,

I'm using VCS 7.1 and Exrpess way 7.1 and I have a quick quesiton about munipluation of calling presentation

Search rules and transforms seem to only allow me to translated what is being called, what if I want to alter how the calling presentation looks to the remote party. Example I have my VC endpoints in a subdomain called @vc.example.com When a call leaves the expressway I want  it to look like its coming from @example.com instead? How do you do this?

thanks

9 Replies 9

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Ryan,

this can be achieved by using FindMe rewrites, which is described in further detail in the 'Configuring FindMe' section of the VCS Administrator's guide for X7.1. The setting you are looking for is called 'Caller ID'.

Regards

Andreas

Ok in my environment I have a VCSc a VCSLyncGW and a VCSexpressway. I only have find me turned on the VCSLyncGW for the Lync integration. So for a call from endpoint out to external via expressway will the findme caller ID still get applied since the VCSLyncGW is not in the signaling path?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ryan,

no, the Lync GW VCS would need to be in the signaling path in order for FindMe rewrite to work.

- Andreas

I figured

So in the scenario from the Lync to vcs integration guide where the endpoints are in a subdomain and the mcu is in a subdomain. Would one just update the external dns records to include those subdomains so that external calls into the VC infrastructure still works?

Ryan,

you could either do that, or you could configure your zones and search rules so that all external calls are routed through your Lync GW VCS before they are sent to the Expressway (Which is the way I would personally prefer).

-Andreas

So essentially I would be moving my traversal zone from  the VCSc to the VCS Lync GW. To do this I would copy any search rules currently on my VCSc i'm using that point to VCSe and duplicate them on VCSLync. Then I would update all my serach rules on VCSc to point to my VCSLync instead of the Traversal zone. Then I would move the traversal zone I have setup on VCSc to my VCSLync?

How will this affect my Links and Pipes, I have setup on VCSc. Since I have 12 or so locations that all have a link to the traversal zone. Will I need to update all these so that they point to the Lync Neighbour zone?

Just to clarify, even if I do all of this, my Caller ID will only be correct for endpoints I have associated with Findme?

Seems pretty complecated just for caller ID

Andreas,

So by doing the changes you recommended where external calls are first routed through the Lync GW VCS resolves the Calling ID for only the Findme accounts. Any scheduled Meeting on the MCU still goes out in the format of @vc.example.com or if I followed the guide to @mcu.example.com

So does this mean we do have to create the srv records for the subdomain "@vc.example.com" after all for the exteral calls to work properly or is there a trick for the MCU as well?

Cheers Ryan

Ryan,

yes rewriting will only occur for aliases which are part of a FindMe account, that is why it's called FindMe rewrite

I don't quite see the need for outgoing MCU calls for meetings to have the source alias rewritten, but if that is a requirement for you, you would have to add FindMe accounts for all of the *@mcu.example.com aliases used for these meetings.

- Andreas

Sorry to clarify I ment incoming routing information for scheduled meetings. When I reserve a meeting in TMS and invite external participants such as my Lync users and B2B users. I want to provide dial-in information for these participants.

The dial-in will be the SIP or H323 alias of <>@mcu.example.com instead of @example.com