Helpful
Replies

answer the questions

Piyush Mathur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

Can anyone answers to the questions i raised below :

1. How does a VCS Expressway solution work?

A. The VCS control and Expressway have manually configured IP addresses and ports

that the firewall has opened in both directions.

B. Packets from expressway to the VCS control are only sent on the return path of an

outbound connection

2. Which of the following is required to allow placing and receiving URI calls through

firewall?

A. DNS zone and DNS servers should be configured only on the VCS Expressway.

B. Traversal design behind the firewall should have DNS zones and DNS servers

configured

Pls confirm me whether option A would be right or B ?

Thannks in Advance

11 Replies 11

Connection from the internal network to the DMZ is established by VCS-C to VCS-E.  PAckets are sent in both directions, but the connection is always established from the inside - i.e. VCS0C.

You only need a DNS zone configured on VCS-E.  You should still have a DNS server configured for your VCS-C in most deployments, but you are only routing calls to a DNS zone via VCS-E.

Hi Nick,

thanks for sharing the input, So whichone would be the right option for 1 question A or B ?

regards

Nikhil

If you are asking "what is the answer to question 1?" Then the answer is B.

Thanks Nil, can you confirm 1 last question to me, would really appreciate that.

Which three of the following are features of the Cisco Telepresence video

communication server.

A. It offers full high-definition transcoding on every port

B. It provides on-demand ad hoc conference

C. It has support for auto-attendant, direct inward dialing, and TCS4 access

D. It has support for AES 128-bit encryption.

E. it provides software-driven firewall functionality.

F. It offers clustering of up to 12 Cisco Telepresence servers.

G. It permits ISDN and IP endpoints to connect and communicate.

Pls share your input for the above question.

Regards

Nikhil

These all look like exam questions - perhaps a better way of learning what the products do would be to read some of the Data Sheets and Literature and Support Documentation on the Cisco web site for the VCSes.

Once you know what a VCS does - it's quite easy to knock out a number of those answers leaving the three correct ones.

Which ones do you think are the right answers?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Piyush Mathur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wayne,
I'm familiar with these products & documentations. As per me it should be option d&g. But I'm not sure about the 3rd option here.
Can u give ur input on this.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

G is the wrong answer - you need an ISDN Gateway to provide that functionality - a VCS by itself will not do it.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Piyush Mathur
Level 1
Level 1

Ya, isdn gateway provides ip to isdn & vice versa calling. But adhoc conferences are supported by mcu & there is no software firewall option for vcs, neither it supports transcoding, also it supports upto 6 vcs clustering.
So I'm wondering which will be 3 options here.
Any help Wayne :-)

You can do an ad-hoc conference without a MCU... 

There is a software firewall on the VCS (if there wasn't, there wouldn't be a "System -> Firewall Rules" option on the web interface).

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Thanks for the input, does it also suppports AES 128 bit encryption, as i didnt find that on the documenatation.

If you read the Release Notes you will see that until recently there have been two version of the VCS Software avalable - one that supports AES and one that doesn't.

Non-AES builds of VCS software are no longer available as from X8.1.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: