Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any series C for 2 Screens setup.

Good day, I was looking for a codec series C that could accept a 2 screens set up, I guess It should be one for the DVI out, and the other one in the S-Video out, I was thinking that it had to work with one screen showing the remote camera view and on the other screen showing the self camera view, and whenever the remote codec shows a presentation like a powerpoint or something, our local screen, showed the presentation in the the main screen and the remote view camera in the other screen. Dunno if any other C series could do that ?

Kind regards.

5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

We use dual screens for all of our C-series; C20 and C40; HDMI to one screen, DVI to the other.

You can configure the systems to display either near-end and far-end on separate screens with near-end changing to presentation view when a presentation is started; or just have far-end with second screen off until a presentation is sent.

You need to have NaturalPresenter and DualDisplays option keys installed though.

I suggest you take a good look at the admin guides.

cheers jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi,

You can use C20, or C40. Both supports dual screen capability but C20 only support point to point, and C40 support pont to point and point to multi-point.

With C20, you can set screen for near end and far end.

With C40, you can set screens for far end-1 and far-end 2.

HTH,

Thanks,

Manish Gupta

Don't forget the SX20 Quick Set which also has embedded multisite capability - and as all C-series models do, support dual displays.

And there is of course the C60 and C90....

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hello, thanks for the responses, I was wondering if a 770 MXP could have installed the NaturalPresenter and DualDisplays option keys installed to work like a C40 with dual displays. Else I think I'd get a C40.

Kind regards.

Forget about the 770MXP. Besides that its old and end of life, its also crap compared to modern devices.

Regarding which codec you select you will have to see how you the requirements are

matched, best would be to ask a Cisco TelePresence Partner to show demonstrate how it works.

As said, you find a dual screen possibility in most systems, if S-Video is a requirement then you have to look at >=C40.

Also if you plan to integrate it with other sound or video in/outs or a control panal it must be >=C40.

The standard dual screen layout is a bit different from what you described, so either you can either live with it

(best demo it youself) or you can go C60 or C90 where you have more options as well.

See the Cisco TC console with the Video compositor (c40/60/90)

http://developer.tandberg.com/web/guest/tools/integrators/tc-console

Martin

Please vote the Answers (at least thats what motivates me giving answers :-) and set the thread to answered if it is!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: