Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ask the Expert: Cisco TelePresence for the Enterprise

Welcome to the Cisco® Support Community Ask the Expert conversation.  This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions about Cisco Telepresence® for the enterprise. 

Cisco experts Jaret, Fernando, and Fred will be covering all Cisco TelePresence products.  Topics include Cisco TelePresence endpoints and TelePresence infrastructure such as the Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS), Cisco Expressway Series, Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CallManager), Cisco TelePresence Servers (MSE 8710, on Virtual Machine, etc.), MCU (MSE 8510, etc.), Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS), and all other Cisco TelePresence related devices.

Jaret Osborne is an 8-year Cisco Advanced Services veteran.  In his Advanced Services tour, Jaret has covered all aspects of Cisco Unified Communications and TelePresence products, including both enterprise and service provider verticals. Most recently Jaret has been working with global service providers supporting their Cisco TelePresence as a Service offerings while also incubating new cloud services at Cisco.

Fernando Rivas is a Cisco Advanced Services NCE, starting in the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC), 2007, on the Collaboration Technology Team mastering the Cisco Unified Communication  technologies and specialized in call control CUCM,VCS) and  conferencing (MeetingPlace, Telepresence). In 2011, he joined Cisco Advanced Services as a member of the Cisco Collaboration team and participated in several Cisco TelePresence and video-related technologies deployments. Currently he is a member of the Video Cloud Technology Team, supporting video exchanges in several and architecting new private video cloud solutions for large enterprises. Fernando holds a routing and switching CCIE® certification (22975).

Fred Mollenkopf  is a Cisco Advanced Services Network consulting engineer working at Cisco for the last 7 years. Fred has led some of the largest Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration deployments done for Cisco customers and partners. Over 15 years’ experience in data networking with a specialization in Cisco Unified Communications in 2004. Currently he is a member of the SP Video Advanced Services Team, supporting SP video exchanges and the Cisco Telepresence solutions.  Fred maintains an active CCIE® in Voice (17521).

Remember to use the rating system to let Jaret, Fernando, and Fred know if you have received an adequate response. 

Because of the volume expected during this event, Jaret, Fred, and Fernando might not be able to answer every question. Remember that you can continue the conversation in the Collaboration, Voice and Video Community, under the sub-community TelePresence, shortly after the event. This event lasts through August 15, 2014. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other Cisco Support Community members.

• TelePresence
37 REPLIES

Hi guys,geat topic, thanks

Hi guys,

geat topic, thanks for the opportunity to ask questions!

I'm trying to configure Mobile and Remote Access feature but using only CUCM without Presence server, meaning my Jabber for Windows client is running in phone-only mode. Currenly I'm trying to understand what should the Service Profile contain in that specific case: I'm currently using completely empty Service Profile and would like to know if that is correct? If I'm adding something in the Service Profile I would like to know why it is necessary for this particular configuration.

Second question is still related to the same case: is it necessary to create jabber-config.xml file or it will work without any modifications, i.e. with default values for all "hidden" parameters.

I'm aware my questions require testing it in a lab but I hope you'll find couple minutes to confirm that it is working.

Thanks,

Tenaro

Cisco Employee

Hi Tenaro - We're setting

Hi Tenaro - We're setting this up in our lab and reviewing some documentation.  Will hopefully have an update in a few hours.  Thanks for the question!

Regards,

-Jaret

Great! Thanks!

Great! Thanks!

Cisco Employee

It's taking a lot longer than

It's taking a lot longer than we anticipated.  Our lab did not have MRA setup and we spent most of yesterday getting it configured.  At this point, we have been unable to get Jabber in phone-only mode to register via MRA, but I believe we have something incorrectly configured with the authentication.  I'm hoping to have some progress in a few hours.

Were you able to get it working or is that the reason for your question?

-Jaret

It is not working in my lab

It is not working in my lab either. Full UC mode is working fine (inside and outside) but phone-only mode is working only inside while outside it fails after entering credentials (meaning it starts doing something but it can not complete the registration).

Thanks for your effort guys!

Cisco Employee

Thanks for the details.  That

Thanks for the details.  That is exactly how it is working in our lab.  Since we didn't have MRA working previously, we aren't sure if it's a mis-configuration of MRA or something that is not supported.  We will continue to try to get this topology working and I will also reach out to the development teams for comment.

Cisco Employee

Finally, we have it working. 

Finally, we have it working.  I'm guessing your certificates on your Expressway -E and -C are missing some entries. You need to have the domain that you are using to log in as part of the Alternative Name in the -E cert.  When you go to generate a CSR on the Expressway-E, it will ask you for any additional DNS names to add to the cert.

Also, if you are using a Microsoft CA, you need to edit the template that you are using to create the Cert.  You can copy the default "Web Server" template and then edit the copied template: Extensions > Edit > Add > Client Authentication, then click OK, OK, OK.  You then need to publish the certificate template you just created.  Finally, create the -E and -C cert using the new template.

Cisco Employee

Good news and bad news.... 

Good news and bad news....  The development team has confirmed that what you are trying to do is officially supported.  Bad news, we still haven't gotten MRA fully operational in our lab.  We haven't given up as we would like this configured too, will keep trying.

Cisco Employee

Tenaro,Please attach a Diag

Tenaro,

Please attach a Diag Log if possible from your EW-C and EW-E and we can look to see where your client may be failing in the login flow.  

Also could you verify the versions of the Jabber Client, EW and CUCM that you are using.

Thanks

Fred

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.