Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic Presentation Sharing

t.svatek
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

is there a way to share the presentation automatically without the push of a button on c-codec? With CTS we´ve learned, that this would make users life easier.

thank you

Tino

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ah, ok. hmm, as the Cisco Touch does not allow any customization it would not help you here

(besides putting a sticker on it "please press the present button" ;-)

Like I said there might be a higher chance to do this with a C60/C90, I do not have one here.

There is some script which the c-series executes on boot time, maybe there is something for

call connect and disconnect as well.

Did not test if the xstatus shows a change if a cable / resolution is connected and if you could

get this with xfeedback, ifso it could also be handeld via a control system.

In general, did you file a feature request? sounds reasonable to have a "xconf presentation autostart: on" feature.

I would +1 it.

If not, I guess that would be a nice arduino or raspberry pi projcet :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What do you need, a different input as the camera as the main video or duo video?

With  external control panels it should not be an issue at all, maybe on a C60/90

you could use the custom layout / tc-console do do something you are looking for.

It´s simple: In most cases, there is no need for choosing a presentation input every time i want to share content. It´s the VGA-cable which is connected to the users Laptop.

So it would be easier to use, if presentation sharing starts automatically, if the user connects the VGA-Cable to his Laptop.

At the moment the users have to press 2 buttons to share presentation. I´m used to it on Cisco CTS-Devices (CTS-3000), that content sharing starts immediately. There is no need to tell the users to click these buttons. There could be an option in c-codec to enable this and use the presentation button on Cisco Touch to only stop the sharing or switch to another input.

stadiumview
Level 1
Level 1

We used an Extron IP link box to sit on the RS232 port, recognise that you are in a call and send a 232 command to start presentation. works well

Hi James

have you done this together with Cisco Touch?

Thank you

Tino

should not matter much if the intouch is present or not, the xfeedback should still be present, so after the control system detects that the call is up an

xcom Presentation Start

should do the trick (worked at least with my EX90)

to clearify: there is no control system and not meant to a specific installation.

I mean it in general with C-Codec without any whistles and bells around it.

ah, ok. hmm, as the Cisco Touch does not allow any customization it would not help you here

(besides putting a sticker on it "please press the present button" ;-)

Like I said there might be a higher chance to do this with a C60/C90, I do not have one here.

There is some script which the c-series executes on boot time, maybe there is something for

call connect and disconnect as well.

Did not test if the xstatus shows a change if a cable / resolution is connected and if you could

get this with xfeedback, ifso it could also be handeld via a control system.

In general, did you file a feature request? sounds reasonable to have a "xconf presentation autostart: on" feature.

I would +1 it.

If not, I guess that would be a nice arduino or raspberry pi projcet :-)

yes. +1s are welcome.

And thank you for rating and setting it to answered *5 for you!

Schönes Wochenende!

Ah, by the way, there is also the developer forum:

https://developer.cisco.com/web/telepresence-developer/forum

which might be a good place to ask as well!