cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Based on Endpoints

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it possible to have all calls between an MCU and TCS use a set bandwidth (2048kbps), however for any calls with either the MCU or TCS between any other endpoints that aren't those two devices will use a set bandwidth (768kbps).  We utilize TMS and a VCS in our infrastructure.

Examples:

MCU <> TCS - 2048kbps

MCU <> Endpoints - 768kbps

TCS <> Endpoints - 768kbps

Any help in making this possible would be great!  Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you use a VCS? Then check the admin guide for bandwidth management: links / pipes

guess that would be the best place.

You can also have different recording aliases with different bandwidth settings on the TCS.

Default call rate setting on the MCU + define the TCS as an "Endpoint" with 2mbit/s on the MCU

and/or set a default call rate on the endpoints to 768kbit/s or something like that.

But I would go with the links / pipes model

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco_VCS_Administrator_Guide_X7-1.pdf  (pages 202..)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

Hi Patrick,

Do you want to use 768kbps on all the endpoints to call anyone in the network i.e TMS,MCU, other endpoints, etc. If yes, then I believe that the best solution would be to go into the endpoint configuration and limit the call rate from there. You can do that using the following command :

xConfiguration Conference 1 DefaultCall Rate: 768

xConfiguration Conference 1 MaxTransmitCallRate: 768

xConfiguration Conference 1 MaxReceiveCallRate: 768

Doing so would allow you not to change the configurations on the TMS or VCS and the calls from the endpoints would go at this rate.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you use a VCS? Then check the admin guide for bandwidth management: links / pipes

guess that would be the best place.

You can also have different recording aliases with different bandwidth settings on the TCS.

Default call rate setting on the MCU + define the TCS as an "Endpoint" with 2mbit/s on the MCU

and/or set a default call rate on the endpoints to 768kbit/s or something like that.

But I would go with the links / pipes model

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco_VCS_Administrator_Guide_X7-1.pdf  (pages 202..)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks, I'll look into it.

From my understanding of VCS Links/Pipes I would need to add the MCU and TCS into their own subzone and set their bandwidth there to be 2048kbps.  What would I set the MCU and TMS to use as far as bandwidth for these two devices, and for our TMS as far as scheduling would go?

Hi Patrick,

Do you want to use 768kbps on all the endpoints to call anyone in the network i.e TMS,MCU, other endpoints, etc. If yes, then I believe that the best solution would be to go into the endpoint configuration and limit the call rate from there. You can do that using the following command :

xConfiguration Conference 1 DefaultCall Rate: 768

xConfiguration Conference 1 MaxTransmitCallRate: 768

xConfiguration Conference 1 MaxReceiveCallRate: 768

Doing so would allow you not to change the configurations on the TMS or VCS and the calls from the endpoints would go at this rate.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks, I haven't had a chance to implement either option, but it is pointing me in the right direction as both scenarios will work.  At least I know I can achieve what I'm looking for, and ways to go about it.