Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Bizarre behavior with jabber connecting to permanent MCU 8510 room

This one has really got me scratching my head.

Our MCU is an 8510 running 4.4 (3.49)

VCS is 7.2.1

Jabber telepresence video clients observed with the strange behavior have been 4.4 and up.

I have a permament room set up in our MCU for testing purposes. It has a numeric ID given to it but every morning when I come in, if I try to connect to it the Jabber client tries to connect to it over and over (the icon in Jabber says busy over and over and over). Looking at the VCS-C call history for my Jabber ID I get a bunch of 1 second Interworked H.323 to SIP calls, a couple of "430 Flow Failed" and "407 Proxy Authenticaion Required" sprinkled among the interworked calls.

If I cancel the call and I look at the MCU, the room all of a sudden is not registered SIP or H.323 (but then comes back registered after a couple of minutes).

If I let the call go, eventually I'm able to get into the test MCU room, and every attempt after that to call the room completes without any problem.

Here is the REAL kicker. This only happens when I first come in the morning at the start of the day!

if anybody has any ideas on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Bizarre behavior with jabber connecting to permanent MCU 8510 ro

Hi Douglas,

This looks like the logs need to be looked at as well as tcpdump.

since it happens only in the morning, it is most likely network related rather than application server issue specially when you wrote "407 proxy authentication required". But of course it cannot be rule out yet.

BR, Ahmad

Hi Douglas,

430 flow failed is a sip message and should be related to sip only. I don't expect this to happen anything in H.323 MCU registration with VCS.

430 flow failed can occur in a scenario where req traversed from intermediate proxy to end proxy, however before the process gets completed the end proxy loses the registration of the destination, and in that case it can generate a flow failed error. in this condition the intermediate proxy can tries to send the req to destination with alternate paths (if available).

you can check the xhistory for registration of your MCU. this is a very  important log to look and to see if the reg is getting fluctuated or  dropped every now and then. Also as you said you can recreate the issue every morning then i would suggest you to collect the logs on VCS and MCU when you start the day and open a TAC case with those logs.

Rgds

Alok

Community Member

Thanks Alok, that helps a LOT. I had surmised that it was probably MCU related specifically because point to point calls with jabber on the same nework were not having the problem.

I'll see if I can't see what is going on in the logs. Maybe I've found a bug

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content