cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C-series endpoints cant receive the TMS phonebook.

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

In my network,

TMS 13.2 with TMS legacy mode

3 X C60 endpoints with TC6.2.0

MXP 9.0.2

In the C-series endpoint configuration,

Phonebook Server 1

ID: default

Type: TMS

URL: http://<IP of TMS>/tms/public/external/phonebook/phonebookservice.asmx

This is the standard configuraion for the TMS phonebook, however, all C60 endpoints can't receive any TMS phonebook.

In the MXP endpoint, it can receive and modify the TMS phone,

Any expert can provide some idea on this?

Best Regards

Ben

22 Replies 22

I think you need to look further in to the IIS and the windows file system permissions to make sure the IUSR has read access to the files.

You should be able to get to that URL from a normal PC without getting the access error.

I'm at home now, so don't have access to a system to check and help more. If you're still having issues on Monday I'll have a further look. Good luck in the mean while.

Wayne

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Dear Wayne,

Thanks for your great support.

We have tested in other enviroment, and confrim to get the URL from a normal PC.

I will take Kjetil's advice, and try to use the local admin account in the authentication method.

It is happy to get the support from you.

Best Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Could you for test purposes try to use the local administrator account in the "Authentication Methods" settings? If it then works, we'll know for sure that it is an IIS permissions issue.

Regards,

Kjetil

Dear Kjetil,

We will try to use local administrator account in the "Authenticatoin Methods" , and will update the result.

Many thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

How did you go with using the tms server's administrator account in the Authentication Methods settings?  Did this enable your access to the web server from your PC/C60s?

Please note: the use of the administrator account there should only be for test purposes and should not be left like that on a long term basis as it allows anonymous web users way too much access to your server.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Dear Wayne,

IT has restarted the IIS server for TMS, and we can access the TMS phonebook page (

http://192.168.7.103/tms/public/external/phonebook/phonebookservice.asmx)through the PC. However, it required the administrator login in order to access the phonebook page.

I am going to access the TMS phonebook page with a different TMS server.Keep update the case with you.

Best Regards,

Ben

The directory the phonebook service is in should be configured for anonymous access.  If someone has gone in there and messed with permissions, frequently people apply permissions to child objects without knowing what they are doing and break the setup. 

The EASIEST way to fix this, is simply uninstall TMS and reinstall it.  You don't lose any data as everything is in the database, not the application install.  This will delete and recreate the web application and all the permissions/files.

That fixes any website config issues...

The other two causes are

1) NTFS permissions have been modified on the TMS directories breaking the file access

or

2) IIS Anonymous user is broken or disabled through settings/policy

This blog article can help with the latter two

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/saurabh_singh/archive/2007/07/01/troubleshooting-anonymous-authentication-failures-in-iis.aspx

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We have confirmed configuration of tms server's administrator account in the Authentication Methods settings, however, the problem still exists.

After another on-site inspection, we have found that the client information is misleading. There is a LDAP server 2008

synchronous with the TMS server. And now, we have started from the LDAP server.

Best Regards,

Ben Lai