Views
Helpful
Replies

C series endpoints - software upgrade from v3 to v7

Kristof-1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've got few C series endpoints we want to upgrade to software version 7. Some of them run software version 3 and 4. Are there any specific steps we should take during upgrade, such as v3 to v4 and than to v6? Can we upgrade the endpoints to version 7 in one step? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for letting us know that you've managed to upgrade your devices.

Please remember to rate the responses and to mark your question as answered.

Wayne

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't think there would be any issues upgrading from TC3 to 7, I've upgraded a few from TC5 to 7 without a problem.  Just make sure you read the release notes of all the versions between where you're at and want to go to so you'll know if there might be any issues or changes to expect.  One thing comes to mind is in TC6 and it's minor releases, they changed how layouts, selfview, and dual displays behave and are configured.

Whatever version you decide to go to, you'll just need to get a release key for that software version.  I typically add the release key to the codec, then upload the software and start the upgrade.  Entering the release key will prompt to restart the codec, however if you wait, the software upgrade will restart it anyway, just saves a little bit of time not waiting on an extra restart.

Note, from TC6.1 onward, release keys are no longer needed for software upgrades, just a valid service contract attached to your Cisco login to download the software.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to what Patrick has said, If you don't have an active service contract, you should be able to get an upgrade through the TAC as per the "Customers Without Service Contracts" section in this Security Advisory.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Kristof-1
Level 1
Level 1

Just to make other users aware of my findings.

I've upgraded 3 x C60 codecs from TC3 to TC7. One upgrade went absolutely fine. The other 2 endpoints were upgraded but later stuck on booting screen and had to be hard rebooted. They work fine after reboot. Therefore, it seems safe to make a big jump in software level as long as there is someone on site who can restart the endpoint.

Thanks for letting us know that you've managed to upgrade your devices.

Please remember to rate the responses and to mark your question as answered.

Wayne

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: