Views
Helpful
Replies

C-Systems and Lenovo, presentation problem

johan.alkarp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Customer is using Lenovo T420/T420S/X220 in the company, but are experiencing problems when trying to share a presentation on their C-systems through the presentation cable.

Has anyone seen or heard anything regarding this before?

//Johan

7 Replies 7

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Some more information what exaclty happens would be helpful here.  There might always some systems or resolutions which do not work at all or not optimal.

Did they try to use a different resolution? Often 1024x768 is working quite well, locally and for the remote site.

Also did you try to use the display port (digital) instead of the vga (analog) port?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

The presentation is not showing up at all when you plug in the presentation cable. They have tried the same computers on their MXP systems and there they are working ok.

C-system is set to resolution auto.

Sounds like a sync issue, but don't want them to force the output to a specific resolution just yet.

//Johan

dgjones19170
Level 1
Level 1

It could be a bad cable.  I had a presentation cable issue on one of our C20's.  Do you have another cable you could try?

~Doug

Unfortunately this is happening on all c-systems with these specific Lenovo version above, but presentation is working fine on other pc manufacturers / modells.

// Johan

Hi Johan,

The first thing to check is if the DVI signal is being received by the codec, you can check this by running the following command :

xstatus //dvi

*s Video Input DVI 2 Connected: False

*s Video Input DVI 2 SignalState: Unknown

** end

If this is what you're seeing that means that there is no signal from the cable. Check the following in the configuration :

xConfiguration Video Input DVI 2 Type:

Ideally, this is kept at AutoDetect. However, you can try to toggle to different options and see if you're able to get any signals.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks!

Will try check with customer how this goes.

Regards,

Johan

Also, you can enable the debug by running the following command in the API:

log output on

Once you do that, as soon as you connect the DVI to VGA cable to your laptop, you should see output like this on the API :

601503.06 VIDEOLC-0 I: VLC_readySignalSourceEvent port:DVI-I 2: unsupported signal

601503.33 VIDEOLC-0 I: VLC_readySignalSourceEvent port:DVI-I 2: have signal

601503.34 MediaStreamController I: MV::getVCSetting getOutputPortStatus initialized 1

601503.35 MediaStreamController I: MV::getVCSetting localHwCookieHint_ 24 w 1920 h 1200

601503.35 MediaStreamController I: MV::getVCSetting getOutputPortStatus initialized 0

601503.35 MediaStreamController I: MV::getVCSetting localHwCookieHint_ 32 w 704 h 576

601503.35 VIDEOCTRL-0 I: multicore encoder for (composer,641)

This would confirm that the signal is getting detected.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: