Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C20 does not boot (LED lights green)

Hi all,

I have an issue that C20s do not boot up.

As soon as we connect an AC adapter to a C20, LED on the front panel lights green (not flashes) but it does not boot up.

And no booting message is seen on console.

(Boot sequence does not seem to run)

So far we had 9 C20s with same issues and all of them are RMA'd, so this is the memorial 10th C20!

Nine-tenth C20s had serial number beginning with "F1AN05C~", so I thought defects occured in a certain lot and asked TAC to perform Factory Analysys.

But after Factory Analysys the TAC engineer said this is not lot failure but just a coincidence.

I can't believe this is a coincidence after we had 10 same faulty C20s.

Have anyone else seen the same issue before?

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How many C20 do you have?

Is there something special in either your sites, if its the problems with the power or

attached additional devices?

Anything done before the failure (upgrades,...)

Did you try to have nothing connected besides a console cable

(and then just the camera and the mic) and boot up the c20?

Remember that you might need a special console cable, not sure if you also could use a USB cable, but

at least for the uboot prompt I would use the special c20 console cable.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

>How many C20 do you have?

Actually, those C20s are not ours but one of our customers' who has more than 60 C20s.

>Is there something special in either your sites, if its the problems with the power or

>attached additional devices?

>Anything done before the failure (upgrades,...)

This problem does not occur only in certain places, and there is no problems with power in their circumstances, and no special additional device is attached.

In addition, they did nothing special before the problem occured.

(Just turned off the C20 by pressing power button, and turned on it after a while or a couple of days, it never booted.)

>Did you try to have nothing connected besides a console cable

>(and then just the camera and the mic) and boot up the c20?

Yes, of course I did.

The issue happens even though we try to boot only with AC adapter.

>Remember that you might need a special console cable, not sure if you also could use a USB cable, but

>at least for the uboot prompt I would use the special c20 console cable.

Thank you, we have that special console cable which we have ever been able to use with other C20s.

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: