Views
Helpful
Replies

C20 Issue

Omar Abdelhalim
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have C20 Unit, there's no video out and onceI hvae to access the web interface I got the message:Web Interface C20.jpg

If I use the telnet to access the unit i got the message:

Telnet C20 .jpg

please, advice me how to solve this problem.

Thanks All

Omar Mahmoud

9 Replies 9

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the system has an active service contract I would escalate this thread to Cisco TAC.

You can also find some more info here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3512554#3512554

In general I would try to boot up with the second software image and there is also a way to

flash the firmware from tftp.

Did you enable telnet or do you have the non encrypted software version?

If doing upgrades please also always check that you use the right version (with / without encryption)

Martin

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Omar

You could try to factory reset the system:

1) When powered down, pressing the power switch for fifteen seconds (until the green LED in the front of the system turns red.)
2) Now confirm the reset by two short presses within the next five seconds.

Hope this helps

/Magnus

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Omar,

Since your device is C20, I am sure Serial will not possible, so i think you will not be able to take help from discussion https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3512554#3512554

So I would prefer changing it's software image, if it contain two software image, take telnet/ssh and login with "root" and then type command "selectsw"

and check whether image1 is active or image 2 is active and then select image which is not active, so for example image2 is not active, then type command "selectsw image2"

Vivek

I never checked if the serial port for the camera also allows a login, anyhow, with a special/y cable its

possible to connect to the serial control port of the C20. A pin layout is described here:

http://developer.tandberg.com/web/guest/forum/-/message_boards/message/28778#_19_message_28844

C20 to   Std. RS.232

Pin 1-------------------Pin2

Pin 5-------------------Pin5

Pin 6-------------------Pin3

I guess the factroty default reset mentioned by Magnus is a good start.

Martin

I checked camera serial port will not be able to help to login.

Yes you are right there is cable, normally customer don't have special cable which is Y cable. So I hope Omar can try making cable and then take serial connection

Vivek

Omar Abdelhalim
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks All,

i'll try to make this cable and the next step to reset the unit to the factory reset.

and check the software imgae active.

Thanks

Omar Mahmoud

Hi Omar,

you could try the FacDef also without the cable, but sure, always nice to see some debug messages,

also to try to boot the other soft or as an input for TAC.

Good success!

Omar Abdelhalim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

Sorry, what FacDef, and how can i use it to solve this issue.

Thanks

The Factrory default reset.

1) When powered down, pressing the power switch for fifteen seconds (until the green LED in the front of the system turns red.)
2) Now confirm the reset by two short presses within the next five seconds.