Helpful
Replies

C20 TC5.0 FACTORY RESET ISSUE

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Need some assistance please.

I have a C20 running TC5.0 software.

Using the quick set c20 document for factory reset ... I power down the system.  Than press and hold to power up and get the LED (GRN) blinking.

Problem is that when I press and hold the button the LED GRN light never comes up.  After about 8-10 seconds I get the RED Led.  When I release the button the system commenses a normal start up.  ?????

Any ideas as I need to get the password reset on the thing.

email: chet.cronin@gmail.com

VR

Chet

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The factory reset procedure was changed in software version TC5.1, so anything before that has a different procedure than more current versions.

As Jens has mentioned - the factory reset procedure is different on the version of software you're running, so, in your case, with the TC5.0 software, you'll need to use the "old way".

There's a description of the two methods in jrandby's post in the c20-factory-default-power-button thread.

As mentioned in the troubleshooting guides (pages 22-25), the Hardware Method of performing a factory reset is one of the last resort options - there are other methods you should try first.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

C20 - TC5.0 and earlier:

Press and hold the on/off button for 10 seconds, LED does not light up.

After 10 seconds the LED starts blinking (1 second ON, 0.5 seconds OFF).

Within the next 2 seconds press twice on the on/off button.

Call LED lights up continuously while “factory reset” is being performed (minimum 3 seconds).

System boots up as normal.

If that doesn't work, telnet into the system and type;

xCommand systemunit FactoryReset Confirm: Yes

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

The factory reset procedure was changed in software version TC5.1, so anything before that has a different procedure than more current versions.

As Jens has mentioned - the factory reset procedure is different on the version of software you're running, so, in your case, with the TC5.0 software, you'll need to use the "old way".

There's a description of the two methods in jrandby's post in the c20-factory-default-power-button thread.

As mentioned in the troubleshooting guides (pages 22-25), the Hardware Method of performing a factory reset is one of the last resort options - there are other methods you should try first.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Perfect... It worked.. thank you very much.

Chet Cronin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: