cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 and VCS

Aaron Foster
Level 4
Level 4

I'm hitting a wall registering a C40 to our VCS.  It has been easy registering Movi, Ex60s and Ex90s because they are listed as devices on the user page.  What do I need to do for the C40?  

Thanks

3 Replies 3

HI Aaron,

Please eloborate, whether you want your C40 to get registered with VCS via SIP or H.323.

It is pretty straight forward to register, you can put the IP Address of VCS in place of Gatekeeper Address and choose default protocol as H.323 .

Let me know if your require any further assistance to get it register.

HTH,

Thanks,

Manish

I ended up getting it to register through SIP.  Had to manually put the SIP settings into the C40.  I had been used to the EX90s where all I had to do was use the built in provisioning wizard.

This leads me to another question, is there a way to provision bandwidth with the C40 like I can with Ex90 on the VCS under Applications > Provisioning?

h323 shall also work :-)

TMS might also help you on configuring your systems.

You have multiple ways to define the bandwidth, on the endpoint, via phonebooks or the vcs.

If you want to set it on the endpoint (which the provisioning would do), you can use the following parameters

(shall be quite self explaining on what they do):

xConfiguration Conference 1 DefaultCall Rate: 1152

xConfiguration Conference 1 MaxTransmitCallRate: 6000

xConfiguration Conference 1 MaxReceiveCallRate: 6000

You can also find these options on the webinterface (configuration / advanced configuration),

just search for max or rate.

Dont forget to vote the answers, this is what motivates us here to answer questions.

If your question is answered please mark them as answered, thx!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: