Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 composite input interop with MCU

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hello!

Got a weird one from a customer that I'm still trying to replicate with our equipment. Here are the pieces involved;

C40 running TC6.2 with a PHD camera in Source1 and a Sony composite output camera connected to the Source3 Composite input (the Composite video connector is selected as the Source3 Connector)

MCU - has been seen on a MCU4520 running 4.3(2.32) and a MSE8510 running 4.4(3.49)

- The C40 connects to the MCU.  It doesn't matter who initiates the call, the result is the same either way.

- The C40 has the PHD in Source1 as the MainVideoSource.  Video is seen in both directions between the C40 and MCU

- The C40 changes its MainVideoSource from Source1 to Source3 (the composite video camera).

- After a few seconds, the MCU stops sending video to the C40.

A similar result can be seen if the C40 has Source3 selected as the MainVideoSource when the call with the MCU is initiated.  The call connects but no video is sent from the MCU to the C40.  Switching between Source1 (PHD camera) and Source2 (PC) does not result in loss of video from the MCU.

Like I said, a weird one, no?  I'm still trying to see if I can isolate a setting that is causing this to happen.  I took a look through the Bug database and the release notes but didn't find anything that seemed to match what's going on here.  I also tried to replicate with a C90, but it seems to be specific to the C40 so far.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the model of the Sony camera?  I know we have a few sony cameras ourselves, and it just happens that the models we have output 1080i, the codecs only support 1080p.  We had to put a scaler in-line to convert the video from i to p.

What does the codec report when you log in via SSH as admin and run the command: xStatus Video

EDIT:  Re-reading your post, to be sure of the issue, is it that you don't get video from the MCU or the codec not sending video?  Is it just you that is connected and you're seeing yourself in an empty conference or is anyone else connected along with the C20 to the MCU.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the response.  I don't know the model of the Sony camera, but that isn't important.  You may have missed it in the description of the setup, but the camera is connected to the Composite input of the C40.  Composite NTSC video is 480i, but since the C40 has a Composite input this shouldn't be an issue.  Also, it's not the camera video that can't be seen, it's the video from the MCU.  The other sites connected to the MCU conference can see the video from the C40 just fine.

This is the status of the video from the MCU when the issue is happening and the status of the Composite input;

*s MediaChannels Call 14 IncomingVideoChannel 167 ChannelRole: Main

*s MediaChannels Call 14 IncomingVideoChannel 167 Video Protocol: Off

*s MediaChannels Call 14 IncomingVideoChannel 167 Video FrameRate: 0

*s MediaChannels Call 14 IncomingVideoChannel 167 Video ResolutionX: 0

*s MediaChannels Call 14 IncomingVideoChannel 167 Video ResolutionY: 0

*s Video Input Source 3 MediaChannelId: 4

*s Video Input Source 3 Resolution Height: 480

*s Video Input Source 3 Resolution Width: 720

*s Video Input Source 3 Resolution RefreshRate: 60

*s Video Input Source 3 Resolution FormatType: Unknown

*s Video Input Source 3 Resolution FormatStatus: Ok

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: