cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 going into Standby

angeleye20
Level 1
Level 1

I have a c40 that is going into standby and when it comes back up the Sony monitor it's connected to won't see the video.  It's really like it's not displaying out the HDMI.  The TV says that there isn't a source to the TV.

When I reboot the codec, the video comes back and stays on.  I looked at the logs and saw this

Jun 21 15:12:11 (none) main: 6302.10 VIDEOLC-0 I: VIDEOLC_doReadyPowerManagementReq DVI-I 2
Jun 21 15:12:11 (none) main: 6302.10 VIDEOLC-0 I: VIDEOLC_doReadyPowerManagementReq HDMI 1
Jun 21 15:12:11 (none) main: 6302.10 VIDEOLC-0 I: VIDEOLC_doReadyPowerManagementCnf power save 'on' for HDMI 1
Jun 21 15:12:11 (none) main: 6302.11 VIDEOLC-0 I: VIDEOLC_doReadyPowerManagementCnf power save 'on' for DVI-I 2
Jun 21 15:12:11 (none) main: 6302.11 VIDEOLC-0 I: VIDEOLC_doReadyPowerManagementCnf done, no error

Is there anyway to turn this feature off?  Is this the standby feature, and can I turn it off?

Chris
9 Replies 9

angeleye20
Level 1
Level 1

I found what I was looking for in the web gui.

configuration- advanced configuration-Standby-Control- on/off

Chris

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

for this particular issue, i would recommend you to check the below settings on the codec:

xConfiguration Standby Control: On

this can be set either to on/ off

if it is set to on, you can set standby timer

xConfiguration Standby Delay: 10

The HDMI outputs support Consumer Electronics Control (CEC). When set to on (default is off), and the monitor connected to the HDMI output is CEC compatible and CEC is configured, the system will use CEC to set the monitor in standby when the system enters standby. Likewise the system will wake up the monitor when the system wakes up from standby. Please note that the different manufacturers uses different marketing names for CEC: Anynet+ (Samsung); Aquos Link (Sharp); BRAVIA Sync (Sony); HDMI-CEC (Hitachi); Kuro Link (Pioneer); CE-Link and Regza Link (Toshiba); RIHD (Onkyo); SimpLink (LG); HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, VIERA Link (Panasonic); EasyLink (Philips); and NetCommand for HDMI (Mitsubishi).

xConfiguration Video Output HDMI 1 CEC Mode: On

make sure CEC setting is enabled on C40 as well as the sony monitor settings (BRAVIA Sync)

Amit,

We have just recently upgraded our codecs to TC5.0.2, we were running everything from TC3.1.2 - TC4.2.2

Upon upgrading we are now having the same issue as above of no video out of HDMI 1 after the codec goes into Standby, but we still have video out of DVI-I 2.  Before the upgrade we never had this issue.

The monitors we are using are Sharp PN-E601.

I have turned CEC Mode, but the issue still persists.  Any other thoughts or ideas?

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Josh,

Any specific reason to upgrade on 5.0 ?
I request to upgrade on the version tc 5.1.6 at least if do not want to move on tc 6.
Tc 5.1.6 I never noticed any such issues.
Apart from that does the monitor you have -sharp does it have any feature for cec mode with any differnet name . If yes then go ahead and disable on either the codec or the monitor . At a time only on one device.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards
Ravi kr.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Ravi,

The reason we went to TC5.0.2 was because it is the only JITC certified software version.

I have not been able to find CEC mode call Aqous Link on the Sharp PN-E601.

Since you recomment TC5.1.6, does that mean you have seen this issue on TC5.0.2?

Thanks,

Josh

Hi Josh,

i was not sure of the version you are using  (JITC) . i deny any such know issue on the version .

the reason i requested was that the updated version with better functionality.

Try truning of the CEC mode on the codec, as normally the monitors are enabled with this energy saving mode.

Does turning off make any difference.

can you connect a spare monitor on the HDMI port to test if that is happening on every monitor connected on HDMI.

Regards

Ravi kr.

Ravi,

I have turned CEC mode on, with the same result.  I forgot to mention that if you unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in the video is restored.

I have not hooked up a different monitor because the output of the codec goes to an RGB Spectrum 3300 switcher via both the HDMI and the DVI-I out.  The DVI-I out for our second monitor continues to show "Summersky" when the HDMI out does not produce video, until as stated above you unplug and plug back in the HDMI cable.

Thanks,

Josh

This sounds logical now,

I request just for test reason take of the switcher inbetween and test .

I cannot gaurantee however most of the time the issue does gets resolved.

does that switcher have any sort or power saver /CEC settings on that.

DVI does not have any such mode hence that works just fine.

I hope we can test without the switcher once .

Moreover try turning off the CEC mode as it may be currently handled by teh switcher in between.

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Josh,

I am not sure if you could confirm us that switcher which you are using is RGB spectrum Linx 3300, if so I went through specification and it was not clear to me whether it is HDMI cec compliance.

If it is not cec compliment then I think when you are waking display codec is not able to interact with display using HDMI cec hence not able to display on HDMI; however for DVI its displaying, hence there are two solution which I can think of:

1. Either remove switcher in b/w which I don't think will be feasible for you.
2. Try extending standby on codec so that whenever you wake up monitor display will be available on both HDMI and DVI.

Above information based on assumption that you have Linx switcher.

Hope provided information will be helpful for you.

Regards,
Vivek

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: