Views
Helpful
Replies

c40 SerialPort LoginRequired changes to on by itself

nphocking
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have 2 Cisco c40 units.  1 of the units changes the SerialPort LoginRequired setting to "on" by itself. It is running software version TC6.2.0.20b1616.

The other unit is running TC 6.1.1.7d7af15 and is having no issues.

I need the serial port login to stay off because I am controlling it from a 3rd party touchpanel control system.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this issue and how to resolve it?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

serial port login required setting should not change by itself.

is this happens after reboot of this unit ?  are you provisioning this unit with either TMS or CUCM ?

From what I've been told by the end user, it is changing without a reboot.  It is provisioned with CUCM.

Both C40's have been upgraded to TC7.0.2.aecf2d9.  The serial settings are set a loginrequired "OFF".  After reboot the settings is "ON".

i am also having this issue, C40 registered to UCM, upgraded from TC6 

first i upgraded to 7.3.2 but saw issues where options would not change even though i had clicked save, now i have downgraded to 7.2.1 and have issue where if i set serialport login required to off and reboot it defaults to on.

did you find a resolution?

i have just found what the problem was.  there is a setting for the serial port on the device page in UCM, set that to off, now all good!

EU U Support is correct. Registering with CUCM defaults on the device page to login reqd On and must be updated and saved to Off