Views
Helpful
Replies

C60 CODEC AND 9971 IP Phone comptability

KRISHNA K V
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a vcs control  version 7.0.2 cluster. polycom and c60 codec are registed to this vcs cluster. All are  H323 endpoints. CUCM 8.0.3 is integration to vcs control via sip. 9971 ip phone is registered in CUCM. The problem is when i make a call from 9971 to c60 codec  i get only audio. No video. But when i call from c60 to 9971 both way audio and video is established. call from 9971 to polycom endpoints and vice versa  are working fine.

Any idea why call from 9971 to c60 is only establishing as audio call.

I dont see this as a bandwidth issue. Please let me know if you have any solution.

The c60 software version is  tc 4.0

Krishna.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Krishna - Would you be able to post a log from the VCS in this case? Does straight SIP work in this call scenario?

Maintanance>Diagnostics>Diagnostics Logging - Set Network Log Level to Debug and click "Start New Log".  Place the failing call and then click "Stop Log", then Download Log and post if you can. 

Would like to see the payloads being offered from the interworking function towards the CUCM to see if there is anything there and which one its choosing. 

Packet trace may prove useful as well from VCS to see if video media is being sent to the CUCM. 

1) Root to VCS

2) initiate tcpdump: tcpdump -n -s0 -w /tmp/VCSPacketTrace.pcap ip and not port 22

3) Place failing call.

4) Let it run for a bit.

5) End call

6) Hit Ctrl-c to break.

7) Winscp to VCS and extract trace from tmp folder.

In short term, you can may be try removing the additional H264 capabilities from C60 itself.

Configuration Experimental CapsetFilter:H.264NIL;H.264RCDO

Let us know?

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Krishna - Would you be able to post a log from the VCS in this case? Does straight SIP work in this call scenario?

Maintanance>Diagnostics>Diagnostics Logging - Set Network Log Level to Debug and click "Start New Log".  Place the failing call and then click "Stop Log", then Download Log and post if you can. 

Would like to see the payloads being offered from the interworking function towards the CUCM to see if there is anything there and which one its choosing. 

Packet trace may prove useful as well from VCS to see if video media is being sent to the CUCM. 

1) Root to VCS

2) initiate tcpdump: tcpdump -n -s0 -w /tmp/VCSPacketTrace.pcap ip and not port 22

3) Place failing call.

4) Let it run for a bit.

5) End call

6) Hit Ctrl-c to break.

7) Winscp to VCS and extract trace from tmp folder.

In short term, you can may be try removing the additional H264 capabilities from C60 itself.

Configuration Experimental CapsetFilter:H.264NIL;H.264RCDO

Let us know?

Thanks! 

The 9971 phone is very tricky when it comes to video.

Only audio means that you send a to too high resolution. Limit your bandwith for that region so it drops and there will be a picture.

Danny

KRISHNA K V
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrick,

Thanks a lot for you help. the setting H264NIL;H.264RCDO solved the issue.

but why do we need to disable H.264 for this to work. any reason

Krishna.

HI Krishna - Looking at a trace, it would be hard to tell.  I've seen in my days that the 9971 phone *may* choose a payload that doesn't quite fit welll with what it supports.  Pending on the device, it works.  Seeing that a C-Series sends multiple Payload types for H264 for H323 and SIP, it could be that the 9971 isn't choosing the best one. 

I find this to be the fastest solution and reducing the offer for what the C-Series sends is the quickest way to resolve. 

VR

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: