Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

C90 and TRC V issues

I am see the following issues with a three camera C90 system.

How to stop a C90 system TRC V menu button press from causing the volume to decrease?

When activating the standby mode with the TRC V the system immediately wakes back up.

Tried both 1 and multiple cameras with IR sensor enabled.

• TelePresence
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
VIP Green

Erratic remote control

Erratic remote control behavior can often be seen when the batteries in the remote start getting low.  Have you tried replacing them with new, fresh batteries?

Cisco Employee

Hi, This is probably caused

Hi, 

This is probably caused by a low battery in your trc remote. Try to look at the ir sensor when you press a button, you should see it pulsating twice if this is the matter. The reason for the 'double-pulse' is that the TRC are originally designed for MXP codec which do support low battery warnings, so when the C90 gets this pulse it misinterpret it as volume going down.

tip: put the remote in front of the camera to see the pulses, you can compare working and non working remote

//Marius

7 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hello Joel -Which menu button

Hello Joel -

Which menu button are you pressing that is affecting the volume level?

The TRC remove has sensors on the side, if you notice down the edge of the remove where joint is, there are rubber strips down each side.  If you put the codec into standby and are still holding the remote after a brief period of time (don't know the period of time) where the sensors are, you will wake it back up.

The button causing the volume

The button causing the volume to decrease is the center "check mark" which is used to open the menu or accept changes.

I am aware of the rubber strips and I am attempting the forced standby without touching the strips.

Also no other IR sources in the room.

I should try disabling the camera IR receivers and enable the codec IR to see if issues are the same.

VIP Purple

You could log into the codec

You could log into the codec via SSH and see what the codec's IRsensor is receiving is doing in response to the remote.

log ctx IRsensor debug 9

log output on

VIP Green

Erratic remote control

Erratic remote control behavior can often be seen when the batteries in the remote start getting low.  Have you tried replacing them with new, fresh batteries?

Thanks for the pointer, this

Thanks for the pointer, this was a battery issue. One battery was put in backwards. I should have tried a different remote.

Cisco Employee

Hi, This is probably caused

Hi, 

This is probably caused by a low battery in your trc remote. Try to look at the ir sensor when you press a button, you should see it pulsating twice if this is the matter. The reason for the 'double-pulse' is that the TRC are originally designed for MXP codec which do support low battery warnings, so when the C90 gets this pulse it misinterpret it as volume going down.

tip: put the remote in front of the camera to see the pulses, you can compare working and non working remote

//Marius

To clarifiy, Are you saying

To clarifiy, Are you saying the Camera green LED that indicates IR reception, will double flash whenever the battery is getting low?

Views
Helpful
Replies