Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Caller ID Info over SIP trunk between VCS and CUCM

I have a SIP trunk between my VCS( x7.2.1) and CUCM (7.x) with no route pattern or sip route pattern, since I only want to allow voice calls from the VCS to UCM.

When I call a CUCM endpoint (i.e 7975) )from a VCS registered endpoint(i.e. C60), the 7975 (SCCP) displays ‘unknown’ for the caller. 

I've read that CUCM can’t handle alphanumeric IDs over the a SIP trunk.  And the VCS doesn't pass E164 IDs over a SIP trunk. 

To display a caller ID on my 7975, I've made the H323 ID the same numeric value as the E164. 

However, is there any possible way to display/see an alphanumeric ID (i.e h323) of the VCS caller, on the UCM endpoint?  

Is there such an option to use a h323 trunk/zone between VCS and UCM??  The pdf's only mention a SIP trunk and has h323 turned off.

Thanks for any insights. 

-solomon

• TelePresence
4 REPLIES

Fix:

This was so basic that I missed. 

For voice-only calls from VCS to UCM with full caller-id info  displayed on UCM endpoint, follow these general steps:

1. Configure gatekeeper on UCM, specifying VCS IP

2. Configure h323 trunk on UCM, specifying gatekeeper in step 1 in addition to setting the technology prefix

3. Configure VCS with basic 'AnyAlias' local zone search rule, which is typically already present in your basic search rule set

4. Dial UCM endpoint from VCS endpoint using phone DN.

Bronze

Hi,

why don't you upgrade your CUCM and get what you want?

regards, Ahmad

I plan on a future upgrade to UCM 9/10.  

Hopefully, this limitation of not seeing alphanumeric caller-id info over SIP in UCM 7.x is resolved in ver 9/10.

Bronze

yes it is resolved on 9.1 but not sure and haven't tested for SCCP. that's why I was asking you to upgrade.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.