Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't call from VCS Starter Pack to Lync

Ferdi0802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to integrate VCS X6.1 with Lync 2010. This VCS is using private IP. When I  call from VCS registered end point to Lync, I get the following error  line "The server encountered an unexpected internal error (SIP response  code is 500)". I have checked the search history and that call was  routed to Lync neighbour as expected.

I use TCP connection and  static route to VCS from Lync since I dont have license to use FindMe.  Meanwhile, user from Lync can call to VCS successfully. Is the problem  come from Lync server or my VCS?

7 Replies 7

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As the VCS-E-SP is most likely to be deployed on a public ip or using nat, how does your network topology look like?

I know the ocs relay and the b2bua exist on the vcs-e-sp I am not sure if its officially supported.

That said, I would anyhow use the B2BUA and X7.2.2 to try to do or with the vcse-sp "try" an integration.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ferdi,

As Martin mentioned you should upgrade to x7.2.2 and use B2BUA mode for Lync integration.

I will also recommend you to use both the NIC's on starter pack for doing this integration.

Rgds

Alok

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to achieve the same thing.

I have a Cisco VCS-e-sp, upgraded to 7.2.2.

It is deployed on the external IP address.

I deployed Lync 2013 :

- Front End on the Inside

- Edge : Internet (Public IP) <-> NAT Thru Firewall <-> Edge Server (DMZ IP) <-> Edge Server (same server but internal NIC/IP).

I have activated the B2BUA but I'm stuck  (e.a. with TURN configuration, should I use that ? Which username should I user ? Is it a Lync User ?).

Also it says :

Warning

: The B2BUA is enabled but no search rules have been configured for the 'To Microsoft OCS/Lync server via B2BUA' zone.

Any hint on how I can make this work ?

Lync is working perfect both Internal and external from any allowed client (Lync, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, Mac).

Thanks

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

when you enable the B2BUA on the VCS it generates zone for microsoft lync server. so you need to create a search rule pointing to this zone so that calls from VCS can routed to Lync server.

The user required would the one you create on TURN server, basically your VCS-Exp. I never tried working Lync only with VCS-Exp (SP) but the user you need to create under local database on VCS-Exp (SP)

TURN provides media latching so if you enable TURN server on VCS-E and when the call is placed both the parties will exchange their TURN capabilities and select the best possible path to send the media.

In my view you should enable the TURN capabilities. However as said earlier more info is required for your network and call flow.

Rgds

Alok

Olileo001 wrote:

I have a Cisco VCS-e-sp, upgraded to 7.2.2.

I deployed Lync 2013 :

- Front End on the Inside

- Edge : Internet (Public IP) <-> NAT Thru Firewall <-> Edge Server (DMZ IP) <-> Edge Server (same server but internal NIC/IP).

VCS x7.2.2 doesn't support Lync 2013, unless you have the AMG - in which case you have more money than sense . In addition, to get a Lync user who is attached to the Edge server to make a call through the VCS, I believe you need an additional licence installed on the VCS (something like the OCS Enhanced licence???).

Olileo001 wrote:

Also it says :

Warning

: The B2BUA is enabled but no search rules have been configured for the 'To Microsoft OCS/Lync server via B2BUA' zone.

Any hint on how I can make this work ?

There is a search rule that is needed to target the Lync B2BUA zone. I belive this is covered in the VCS x7.2.2 Lync Deployment Guide.

Thanks Swinster for pointing that out. I really overlooked at the Lync2013.

Rgds

Alok

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you provide a simple topology diagram identifying the location of the VCS, Lync Server, firewalls, etc. Seeing that would make it easier to understand what the call flow should be, and what the match configs should be.

- Zac