cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't update Software in Precision HD USB Camera

awander
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of Precision HD USB cameras that I use at home office, and main office. One of them recently began showing the image squashed into the top half of the frame, with the bottom half being bright green.

I figured I would try to update the camera software, and tried using s60000cc1_2_1, s60000cc1_4_0, and cc1.4.1 executables.

In each case, I get a message that says, "

"Unable to updatethe camera software. This could be either camera is disconnected or some other error occurred."

Ignoring the grammar and punctuation errors in the error message, it is still pretty useless, as it gives me no idea of what the "other error" could be.

I have also tried runninng the software update on the working camera, with the same results.

A search of Cisco and Tandberg sites, as well as this forum, came up empty.

Can anyone help with this?

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The error does not sound good, but yes, I guess I would also try to to an upgrade first. Anyhow if it has a service

contract I would think of escalating this case.

Besides the upgrade, for me it worked fine, I think the older ones required windows XP.

Which operating system did you use. Does your account have admin admin rights to your computer

(not checked if this is mandatory, but at least it will not harm).

I think the most recent upgrade I did with Win7 64bit and

http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/camera/cc1/s60000cc1.4.1.exe wich worked fine.

Btw, for Cisco: I failed on using the mac installer with Lion

Anything else connected to the USB port? All applications closed which might access the camera?

Could you try an other computer?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The error does not sound good, but yes, I guess I would also try to to an upgrade first. Anyhow if it has a service

contract I would think of escalating this case.

Besides the upgrade, for me it worked fine, I think the older ones required windows XP.

Which operating system did you use. Does your account have admin admin rights to your computer

(not checked if this is mandatory, but at least it will not harm).

I think the most recent upgrade I did with Win7 64bit and

http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/camera/cc1/s60000cc1.4.1.exe wich worked fine.

Btw, for Cisco: I failed on using the mac installer with Lion

Anything else connected to the USB port? All applications closed which might access the camera?

Could you try an other computer?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin:

Thanks for the reply; i tried another PC and teh upgrade worked.

I thought I had shut down all apps that were accessing the camera, but I guess i missed one!

Thanks,

PS the software update DID solve the "bottom half of the picture is green" problem.

how can I get the drive for this camera