Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't updated firmware L5 from L4.2 for tandberg MXP 150

94thmpbnimo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have Tandberg 150 MXP firmware version L4.2.

I can't upgrade version L5 from L4.2. When i upgraded L.4.2 was succeed.

But, If i try firmware L5 or L6 can't upgrade with message popup "System ugrade failed!".

How can i upgrade to firmware version L5 or L6 from L4.

Thank You!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

From that screen shot, you are unable to get anything other than the L4.x key as you do not have an active service contract on that device (Service Contract number and end dates are "null").  As mentioned above, you can only get the newer release keys with a valid service contract.  To get the upgrade, you will need to take out a service contract through your local Cisco Partner.  If you believe that you do have an active service contract on your device, but it is now showing as such on the portal, I suggest you contact the TAC with the evidence that you have purchased one and they may be able to assist.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

If you haven't seen the PM or email from Craig, he's likely referring to this Cisco Security Advisory from September 2011 http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20110831-tandberg.

You may be able to get a free upgrade/licence key (to version F9.1) through the TAC for your 1000MXP.  See the section "Customers Without Service Contracts" under "Obtaining Fixed Software".

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need a valid release key for the firmware version you are trying to upload - without this, the upgrade will fail.

The steps to perform the upgrade are relatively sinple:

1) Log in to the web interface as admin

2) Click Software Upgrade.

3) Enter the new release key in the Release Key field.

4) Click Install Software and browse to the location of your upgrade file (ie s51001l6_1.pkg).

5) Click the Install button

If you connect to the command line interface of your device via telnet before clicking the Install button, you can watch the progress of the upgrade.

Wayne

--

Wayne

I have valid release key from CISCO and trying to same step but, same message popup "System upgrade failed".

When i downgraded L4.0 from L4.2, I can upgraded to firmware.

Also i can upgrade firmware L4.2 from L4.0.

But, firmware L5 version can't upgrade.

Thank You for the answer!

The upgrade from L4.0 to L4.2 will work as it's a minor version upgrade, so will use the same release key (ie, an L4.x key).

If you want to upgrade to L5.x or L6.x, you will need the release key for that specific software version.  The L4.x key will not work.  You can get this new key from the TAC, or the Licencing Portal if you have a valid service contract.

Wayne

--

Wayne

I can't choose other version, only version L4.2 from upgrade to menu.

How can found other version release key ?

From that screen shot, you are unable to get anything other than the L4.x key as you do not have an active service contract on that device (Service Contract number and end dates are "null").  As mentioned above, you can only get the newer release keys with a valid service contract.  To get the upgrade, you will need to take out a service contract through your local Cisco Partner.  If you believe that you do have an active service contract on your device, but it is now showing as such on the portal, I suggest you contact the TAC with the evidence that you have purchased one and they may be able to assist.

Wayne

--

Wayne

Thank you for the correct answer!

Have a nice day!

Chin I just sent you a private message that may interest you.

Goodluck!

Upton,

I'm not recevied private message from you!

Please send email me below the email.

seomboy@hotmail.com

Thank You!

V/R

If you haven't seen the PM or email from Craig, he's likely referring to this Cisco Security Advisory from September 2011 http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20110831-tandberg.

You may be able to get a free upgrade/licence key (to version F9.1) through the TAC for your 1000MXP.  See the section "Customers Without Service Contracts" under "Obtaining Fixed Software".

Wayne

--

Wayne

Dear coleagues,

Please consult if you succeeded in getting the release key for TANDBERG 150 MXP ver 5.0.

Best regards,

Anton