cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can VCS Starter Pack be used as VCS-E without any special upgrade?

Michael Boscia
Level 4
Level 4

My customer has VCS-C and TMS and VCS Starter Pack.

We intend on deploying everything in the traditional model.

Do I have to migrate SP to the full Expressway product or can I leave it as is?

Is there anything it cannot do while configured as the Starter Pack? Can this cause any issues later on?

This is my first time working with it and someone else set it up before we got here.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael!

Sure you could think of running the VCS-E as a standalone box with a traversal zone and

sip proxied to the VCS-C

I can not recommend doing so.

If I see it right the starter pack is just one additional key giving you all the options you need:

0 Non Traversal Calls, 5 Traversal Calls, 50 Registrations, 900 TURN  Relays, Expressway, Encryption, FindMe, Starter  Pack. But this also means you are bound to this feature set (e.g you could not remove the provisioning, findme, ...)

Some other limitations I see:

* officially the VCS-SP-E can not be added to TMS, so you would lack management, call detail records, ...

* the starter pack provisioning might interfere with the tms provisioning if intended to be used

* TMSPE/OpenDS (also password "local-tms" database (authentication)) will not work on the VCS-SP-EP

There might be more.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael!

Sure you could think of running the VCS-E as a standalone box with a traversal zone and

sip proxied to the VCS-C

I can not recommend doing so.

If I see it right the starter pack is just one additional key giving you all the options you need:

0 Non Traversal Calls, 5 Traversal Calls, 50 Registrations, 900 TURN  Relays, Expressway, Encryption, FindMe, Starter  Pack. But this also means you are bound to this feature set (e.g you could not remove the provisioning, findme, ...)

Some other limitations I see:

* officially the VCS-SP-E can not be added to TMS, so you would lack management, call detail records, ...

* the starter pack provisioning might interfere with the tms provisioning if intended to be used

* TMSPE/OpenDS (also password "local-tms" database (authentication)) will not work on the VCS-SP-EP

There might be more.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

one thing is very definite that you will run into issue related to provisioning!!

second its not officialy supported !!

Thanks

Alok