Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we replace the CTS 3000 primary codec with CTS 1000 codec

Hi All,

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Physically CTS 1000 codec and CTS 3000 Primay Codec is look same, i would like to know what is the difference between both codec.

Suppose if i replace CTS 3000 primary codec with CTS 1000 codec will it work???

Is the difference is only between the firmware..??

If i try to upload the CTS 3000 firmware in CTS 1000 codec will it take???

Moreover can i add CTS 1000 codec into CUCM as CTS 3000 Codec???

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeff King
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nikhil,

The only thing that you should be aware of on the 2 codecs are they GEN 1 or GEN 2. On the GEN 1 all the microphones connect to the primary codec. On the Gen 2 the microphones connect through the audion expansion box. You can see the difference on the codecs as on The Gen 2 you can see 1 connection for the center microphone and a square connector for the cable to the AEB.

Other than that the codecs are exactly the same. The endpoint gets its configuration file from the Communications Manager. So once you change over the MAC address and reboot the endpoint then it will pull the new config file. If you are using a CTS-Manager you will have to go into the Application user in the CUCM and move the MAC address from available to controlled devices. You will then have to do a room discovery in the CTS-MAN.

The firware for both the codecs are the same.

Hopefully this helps out.

JD King

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jeff King
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nikhil,

The only thing that you should be aware of on the 2 codecs are they GEN 1 or GEN 2. On the GEN 1 all the microphones connect to the primary codec. On the Gen 2 the microphones connect through the audion expansion box. You can see the difference on the codecs as on The Gen 2 you can see 1 connection for the center microphone and a square connector for the cable to the AEB.

Other than that the codecs are exactly the same. The endpoint gets its configuration file from the Communications Manager. So once you change over the MAC address and reboot the endpoint then it will pull the new config file. If you are using a CTS-Manager you will have to go into the Application user in the CUCM and move the MAC address from available to controlled devices. You will then have to do a room discovery in the CTS-MAN.

The firware for both the codecs are the same.

Hopefully this helps out.

JD King

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: