Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cascading MCUs

Is there a way to force a Codian MCU to be the 'slave' in a cascading MCU relationship?  When I try to connect it to a 3rd-party Polycom MCU, the Codian keeps trying to be the 'master', and it's causing problems.   The other party insists I have to force my Codian to be a 'slave', but I can't find a way to do that.

Does it make a difference which direction the call is placed in?

Thanks.

1 REPLY

Cascading MCUs

Do you run the latest software on the mcu 4.2(1.50)?

You can define a pre defined "endpoint" there you can select the codec negotiation (if this is what you are aiming for).

Besides that you might want to select a fullscreen switching layout.

Either you should be able to dial out or you would have to see that the dial in matches the pre defined endpoint

Online help info:

"Content negotiation

This field allows the MCU to be configured   so that content can be exchanged with  third party MCUs in multi-level  cascaded conferences over H.323. Choose from:

• As master: The MCU only acts as master in H.239 token negotiation.
  • As slave: The MCU acts as the slave in H.239 token negotiation and can send content to a master unit if it accepts the token request.
  • As mimic slave: The MCU acts  as a mimic slave in H.239 token negotiation and will try to send content  to all other endpoints/units even if this unit (i.e. the MCU configured  as a mimic slave) rejects the token request.

When exchanging content with an endpoint  in a H.323 call, the MCU acts  as a master unit and the endpoint as a  slave unit for the purpose of  H.239 token negotiation. However, in order  for the MCU to exchange  content with a cascaded  third party MCU the  MCU must appear to the  third party MCU to be a slave unit. The MCU can  be configured as a true  slave, in which case content will only be sent  if the third party MCU  master accepts the token request, or as a mimic  slave where content is  sent to all other connected endpoints even if the  third party MCU  rejects the token request."

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content