cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR User Activity Reporting Unknown devices

Anthony Chan
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following report from TMS on the User CDR, wondering why I am getting unknown devices on top of Cisco Telepresence Movi devices?

all the users are registered to the VCS

Thoughts?

7 Replies 7

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony

For all the call that are looked up whether the uri source or destination matches a user, then TMS checks what type of endpoint was used based on VCS registrations. So "Unknowns" are when TMS cannot get which type of Endpoint/Movi was used from the VCS data.

I would recommend you to raise a TAC case on this to keep the troubleshooting structured. We would need an export of the USER CDR's from the TMS, xconf + xstat from all the VCS'es involved with handling reigstrations for the provisioned users so we can verify the external management and feedback settings.

Additionally you can take a wireshark trace between the TMS and the VCS while running calls, but grab the encryption key from the VCS so we can decrypt the communication. Filter on the TMS and the VCS so we can see what the VCS sends the TMS. Include these logs in the TAC case for troubleshooting. Thanks!

Thanks to Gordon M. for input on this matter.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

In investigating this same issue, I have found that in  many of the instances where the 'unknown' devices are reported, it  duplicates a Jabber call (and in at least one case, an endpoint).  To  find this, I had to narrow my CDR window down to a couple of hours to  isolate an individual call.

What might cause this double reporting?  Do  you think the double reporting is what's causing TMS to show the  'Unknown' Device Type?

Thanks!

Which Versions do you run? (TMS, VCS, JabberVideo)?

In general my answer:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3555572#3558455 is still valid!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Think this might a be a reasonably "common" issue as we have been seeing this from day one with Movi.

cheers jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anthony:

At least with TMS 13.1.2 and VCS X7.0.2 I nearly all User CDRs "green" = movi.

I would check that you have the latest TMS/VCS versions running, uploaded all movi and other used

XML device files and tell your users to upgrade to the latest movi version.

Anyhow the Movi "CDRs" are just a summaration of calls not real CDRs, so put it this way, there is

some room for improvement, ...

Jens: validation error, you forgot to open the tag :-)

Martin

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

He-he-he - that brings back memories of late nights and banging head against wall, counting characters and lines...

And yes, you're right, we're seening mostly green these days with everybody on either 4.2 or 4.3 - TMS 13.1.2, VCS x7.03.

cheers jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Martin - can you verify that the summarized "CDR" data from the User CDR report in TMS is for outbound calls only (Jabber/Movi to anything else) or is there logic built into the report to also summarize inbound usage in the same report (anything to Jabber/Movi)?

We are comparing this report to the VCS CDRs from history.xml and trying to match up on LA_SIP_Alias (source) and LB_SIP_Alias (destination) fields from those VCS records.  We are unable to get the same numbers as the TMS User CDR report shows and are wondering aboutthe logic criteria used on the summarization User CDR report.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: