Views
Helpful
Replies

Check firmware version of TelePresence VX

inciscowetrust
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to check the firmware version of TelePresence VX over ssh. After I log into ssh which command should I issue to get the firmware version? What sort of format am I to expect?

Thank you so much,

James.

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi James,

Please see my response in your other thread.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Sorry, replied in the wrong thread at first, but deleted it and replying here....

Hello,

Thank you for your response!

Unfortuantely I need to do this over SSH. I will be automating it with a script I am sending off to another team.

The command I have so far (based on a SX system, I believe) is "xstatus systemunit software version"

From that command I expect an output like...

*s SystemUnit Software Version: "V1.21"

HOWEVER  the problem I am having is that I don't have a VX system to test again,  so I am not sure if I am right about the "V1.21" part. Can anyone speak  to their experience?

Thanks again,

James

HI James,

Sorry, I don't have any VX's, so can't confirm how they appear... with a normal SX20, the xstatus command you used works.  The original logon via telnet/ssh also shows the version number in the login banner:

login as: admin
     Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
     Password:
     Welcome to TESTSX20
     Cisco Codec Release TC6.3.0.3d8e7d1
     SW Release Date: 2013-10-23
     *r Login successful

OK

Do you have TMS to manage all your devices?  if so, you could try running a report through Systems/System Overview and reporting on the Gerenal Settings/Software Version.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi James,

You might also be interested in the latest VX Security Advisory.

Wayne

--

Wayne