Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 9971 handset and the Multipoint layout from 8510 blade

Hi,

we have steup the MSE 8000 with the 8710 and 8510 blade. Also have a SIP trunk between the CUCM and VCS.

There are Virtual meeting rooms setup on the 8510. All the Virtual meeting rooms have a (6+1) layout. it is like a panel layout ( Speaker on the big screen and all other participants are at the bottom of the screen with the small square upto 6 participants.

Call scenario : 9971 handsets and other C series dial to the same VMR. we can see the (6+1) layouts on the C Series endpoints, but on the 9971 hansets, we see the speaker on the big screen, but all other particpants viwed as a cropped image at the bottom, just above the softkey buttons. Also this is the 4:3 image. when we select the full screen soft key button, all the bottom screen participants goes under the softkey buttons. Basiacally we can't see the other particpants except the main participant.

Does anyone have a same sort of experience?.

Regards,

Chris

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Marty,

Do you get this behavior only if using this particalr layout or it's the same thing no matter whet (x+1) layout do you use?

To have a better understanding can you take a picture of the image received on the phone?

What sw are you running on MCU ?

When it comes to resoltuion configuration setting on the MCU, can you check if the "transmitted video resolution" it's set to "allow all resolutions" ?

Thanks

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for your response. I need to check whether this symptom is only for (6+1) layout or not.

Software running on 4.2(1.50)

I can confirm the resolution is set to " Allow all resolutions".

I will get back to you after i do more testing with the different layouts.

Thanks

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content