cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C40 codec, issue in NPP (LIC-CXX-NPP)

Erik Estrada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if someone already encounter this kind of issue. We all know it is included when you bought it but it my case it is missing.

I'm trying to do a presentation with a laptop but it keeps on coming back to the main screen. Now when I access the C40 WebGUI, I noticed on the main system information page :

System Information

General

System name:
XXXX
Software version:
TC5.1.1.288225
Product:
TANDBERG Codec C40
Serial number:
B1AVXXXXXXX
IP address:
xx.xx.xx.xx
MAC address:
00:50:XX:XX:XX:XX
Valid release key:
Yes
Installed options:
None<------------------------ It should be NaturalPresenter, Multisite but it's not installed

any idea how to solve this kind of issue?

Thank you in advance
Cheers,
Erik
14 Replies 14

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You need to obtain the NPP and MS keys and enter these into the codec, if you have access, then you might be able to look these up on the licensing portal:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Home

or by contacting TAC and request the keys.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Erik,

Basically I can see that NPP is included by default in the C40 Codec. I would suggest to have a look at the xstatus systemunit information. It should look like this :

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys NaturalPresenter: "true"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys PremiumResolution: "false"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys HighDefinition: "false"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys DualDisplay: "false"

Can you please check that and confirm. It should be identical to the one above.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Might not have been delivered wiith any of the keys pre-installed - we've had a few of those in the past.

/jens

As the webfrontend shows none I would expect the xstatus to do the same.

Maybe someone had done a factory default reset or the keys had some other issue,

so the method Jens mentioned to re-acquire the keys sounds quite good.

If he would have mentioned the serial number he might even have gotten an answer directly :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi all,

Thank you for the reply, It is a really big help By the way I just found out that Cisco RMA team is not updating their  records once they replace a faulty device. Currently I'm struggling to  open a TAC case with Cisco because the serial number of my C40 is not  under our company name, lol !!

xstatus SystemUnit Software

*s SystemUnit Software Application: "Endpoint"

*s SystemUnit Software Version: "TC5.1.1.288225"

*s SystemUnit Software Name: "s52000"

*s SystemUnit Software ReleaseDate: "2012-05-08"

*s SystemUnit Software MaxVideoCalls: 1

*s SystemUnit Software MaxAudioCalls: 2

*s SystemUnit Software ReleaseKey: "true"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys NaturalPresenter: "false"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys MultiSite: "false"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys PremiumResolution: "false"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys DualDisplay: "false"

** end

Please contact license@cisco.com with RMA number with original/swapped serial number.

They should be fix contract information shortly and you able to rehost C40 with license that this codec should have.

Tomonori is right...Btw you can get the licenses transferred yourself I believe. All you have to do is visit www.cisco.com/go/license and get the licenses for your RMAed device.

You would need RMA number, Source Device serial (which was RMAed), Destination Device serial (which you received as a replacement ).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

We have similar issue but TAC insist the NPP option key is installed by default on the system. However doing an xstatus on the C40 provides the following information....

xstatus SystemUnit Software

*s SystemUnit Software Application: "Endpoint"

*s SystemUnit Software Version: "TC5.1.4.295090"

*s SystemUnit Software Name: "s52000"

*s SystemUnit Software ReleaseDate: "2012-08-10"

*s SystemUnit Software MaxVideoCalls: 1

*s SystemUnit Software MaxAudioCalls: 2

*s SystemUnit Software ReleaseKey: "true"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys NaturalPresenter: "false"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys MultiSite: "false"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys PremiumResolution: "true"

*s SystemUnit Software OptionKeys DualDisplay: "true"

** end

The DD and PR option keys I installed after Cisco Licensing provided the two option keys but they have stated that they do not need to provide NPP option key.

Btw, we also have a number of EX90 units with NPP (supposedly installed). Doing a xstatus on these it does not list this option key, nor is it listed through the web GUI or controller. Should we see the NPP option key listed?

Hi David,

If the option is listed, then it needs to be installed. The TAC is correct that the option is included with the C40 however, the license key needs to be installed. Please ask them to provide the license key and proceed to install it.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

davidwells wrote:

Btw, we also have a number of EX90 units with NPP (supposedly  installed). Doing a xstatus on these it does not list this option key,  nor is it listed through the web GUI or controller. Should we see the  NPP option key listed?

I would really like to have this clarified as well, as the NPP option key is not listed as installed on our EX90s either and when I enter the key it comes up with "invalid key" error.

/jens

Hi Jens,

EX series has inbuilt NPP key, hence there is no need to install the NPP key even if it is provided.

Also when you will try to install the NPP key on EX60/EX90 using web or CLI then it will come up as "invalid key" as it is already available on the EX90.

All other codecs do not have this feature hence you will always find an option to install NPP key.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Amlesh

Thanks Amiesh, very much appreciated - and clears it up quite nicely.

/jens

Hi All,

Hi Amlesh, I understand that Ex90 has inbuilt NPP option key.

One of our customer has ordered EX90 units with NPP option. Its webinterface and xstatus is showing no option keys installed. when we install NPP key, it will end up with "invalid option key".

I have tested the Presentation sharing option and is working fine.

So customer is asking for an official clarification for this. Do you have any cisco bug ID for this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Binesh,

Please refer to data sheet of EX.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11303/ps11308/ps11327/data_sheet_c78-627494.html

You can see that EX series is shipped with NPP option hence you will not find key installed in xstatus.

This is by design and there is no cisco bug id available.

Thanks,

Amlesh