cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco EX60 Touch Panel Error

Darin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

I just had to RMA a Cisco EX60 because the release key obtained would never accept on the system.  I received a new EX60 this morning.  After connecting the touch panel to the device and powering it on, it attempt to downgrade or upgrade the touch panel.  I gets to the Signature verification failed and hangs.  I tried rebooting the EX60 ands well as resetting the touch panel.  I even swapped touch panel to get the same result.  Any Ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darin,

The error message " signature verification failed" indicates that the pkg file you are attempting to install has been corrupted.

do you get this error message on touch panel screen or on CLI of EX60 unit ?

i will recommend you to setup a DHCP server on PC and assign IP to unit ( since by default it is on DHCP as IP assginment) and then access the unit to upgrade it to TC 6.3 and then connect touch panel to it.

you can use DHCP32 software for this and a cross over connection between ex60 and PC.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nikita Shrivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darin,

Do you see any message on the touch panel or the EX60?

The messages only appear on the touch panel.

"...Upgrading Software

Determining install directory

Verifying Signature on firmware image

Signature verfication failed!..."

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darin,

The error message " signature verification failed" indicates that the pkg file you are attempting to install has been corrupted.

do you get this error message on touch panel screen or on CLI of EX60 unit ?

i will recommend you to setup a DHCP server on PC and assign IP to unit ( since by default it is on DHCP as IP assginment) and then access the unit to upgrade it to TC 6.3 and then connect touch panel to it.

you can use DHCP32 software for this and a cross over connection between ex60 and PC.

I setup a DHCP server on a local laptop to web into the EX60 (touch panel removed).  I then navigated to the IP which is pulled.  It was running TC4.X.   I upgraded the software to TC7.X and reconnected the touch panel.  All is well.  Thanks everyone for the support.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Darin,

You can try the following steps:

1)     Disconnect touch panel.

2)     Reboot C60

3)     Once booted, upgrade to desired firmware version (or re-upload the current version if it's already there)

4)     Wait for the unit to reboot following the upgrade and confirm the right version is running

5)     Connect the touch panel again.

6)     Touch panel will upgrade to correct version

This procedure has worked for me in the past (except one device which was a faulty touch panel).

Edit: Please also note, if you happen to be trying to go to version earlier than 5.1.4 for some reason, the newer touchpanels cannot be used with the older software (see the release notes for more details on the relevant TAN numbers)

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: