cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway Cluster Thinking (VPN-less Jabber)

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All UC Experts,

I want to deploy the Cluster over WAN on the Expressway 8.1.1 between the HQ site and the DR site. I am thinking can I deploy the peer Expressway to my DR site. I checked the doc: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-Cluster-Creation-and-Maintenance-Deployment-Guide-X8-1-1.pdf

The doc showed some points about the Expressway Cluster Prerequisites as  the three points:

A DNS SRV record is available for the cluster which contains A or AAAA records for each peer of the cluster.

Each peer has a different LAN configuration (a different IPv4 address and a different IPv6 address, where enabled).

Each peer in a cluster is within a 15ms hop (30ms round trip delay) of each and every other VCS in or to be added to the cluster.

Would you mind confirm some issues about the Expressway Cluster over WAN?

1. Can using on the different wan resilience protocols? e.g. BGP AS number? OSPF? IP SLA?

2. Is the Active-Active on the Expressway Cluster?

3. Will be auto synced the all configurations? 

1 Reply 1

1)  Please rephrase question 1.

2)  From a functional stance, they are always synced.  How calls get sent to each node depend on how you weight and setup your DNS records.

3)  Yes, in a cluster, configuration replication does occur on a consistent basis.  When you make changes to the Master, it will auto sync these to the other peers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: