Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Expressway Core & Edge Cluster, or Disaster Recovery Setup

Hi All,

Dear experts,

I have two sites HQ & Branch.below are my questions for Expressway Core & Edge Cluster

1. Can i create one cluster for 6 sever for  Expressway Core and distribute 3 server in HQ &  3 server in Branch for HA

2. Can i create one cluster for 6 sever for  Expressway Edge and distribute 3 server in HQ & 3 server in Branch for HA

3. How would be the DNS SRV records and call flow work if the main site  Expressway Edge goes down in HQ. How the Branch Side Expressway Edge becomes active for B2B calls.

4. What is the best design to have disaster recovery for Expressway core and Expressway Edge between Sites(HQ & Branch)

Regards,

Irf

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Regarding 1 and 2, as long as

Regarding 1 and 2, as long as the round trip delay is no more than 30ms maximum, you should be fine.  I presume the HQ Branch offices for the Expressway-Core have a shared internal network, since the Core goes inside the corporate network, while the Edge goes in the DMZ or outside the network for public access.

For 3, as long as you have your SRV records setup correct, you can set the priority of which office gets used first, and then second, in case of a failure.

I don't have an answer for 4 unfortunately.

4. What DR purpose are you

4. What DR purpose are you looking to accomplish? There is no DR Exp C/E at this point.

Please rate useful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content