Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway- no incoming calls

kumar2671
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have Ciscoexpressway C and E setup for business to business calls

The Telepresence endpoints are registered with CUCM and are with internal doamin 

Now when I make a business to business calls, the called party gets xxxxx@internal-domain number , because of that they cant call back.

Is there a way to apply transformation or rule to convert the internal domain to external and vice-versa . Do this be applied on Express E or C

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check that you have your SIP domain set as the "Organization Top Level Domain"in CUCM under System > Enterprise Parameter > Clusterwise Domain Configuration.  Also, make sure that "Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests" is checked in the SIP Profile used under Device > Device Settings > SIP Profile.  Without either of these, CUCM will append it's IP address to the from address of the endpoint, which appears in the called endpoint's call history.  If setting the above isn't possible, you can use a CPL script on your Expressway to convert the internal domain to your external domain.

You also need SRV records for the SIP domain you're using that points to your Expressway-E.

Thank you so much Patrcik

I have checked CUCM settings- the domain name is set to internal domain ( say internal-domain.com) and the FQDN is also same. The Video calls are maturing when i call to external party. 

Example

If I call you, you will get 56789@interna-domain.com where as it should be 

56789@external-domain.com so that you could call back

is there a way on Expressway E or C to convert domain either with transformations or Search rule. And where to apply on ExpC or ExpE

If you don't want to or can't set the Top Level Organizational Domain in CUCM to be your external domain, than you'll need to use a CPL script on your Expressway-E to rewrite the internal domain as it goes out, and rewrite the external domain as it comes in.  There is an example CPL in the Ask the Expert: Cisco TelePresence for the Enterprise thread, if you need help writing the CPL or have any questions on how to do it, let me know.

Hello Kumar 

Under dial plan configuration of Expressway E , select the inbound search rule towards the Traversal Zone for inbound calling. Select the Pattern Behavior option to replace and enter the desired pattern along with the domain that you would want the Expressway server to forward.  

Repeat the same steps on Expressway C on the outbound search rule to Expressway E.  

This can also be achieved by applying a transformation on Expressway C to convert any URI coming with internal domain to suffix external domain and forward the call.   

For inbound calling you can apply a similar transformation on Expressway E to convert URI from internal domain to external domain.  

Let me know if this helps and you have any further queries regarding the same. 

However if you are using transformations to achieve the result the search rules on the respective servers needs to reconfigured to match the transformed URI's.   

Attach are snippets on how to configure Transformation on Expressway servers.