Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco IP-Phone CP-9971 to VCS Registration....

Hello All,

Can somebody please confirm is it possible to register the Cisco IP Phone CP-9971 on a Cisco VCS control server directly. If possible , I appreciate any guide or document for that. I have a VCS control on X7.0.2 .

Please guys suggest me something.

Thank you

arunprakashshrm6@gmail.com

Skype ID :- arun.sharma963

Mob. +91-8088071229

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi.You can't.Any Cisco phone

Hi.

You can't.

Any Cisco phone requires a TFTP server to provide firmware and configuration. A VCS is only for device registration.

Therefore, phones rely on a CUCM as a registrar. It's a central (CUCM) vs decentral (VCS) approach.

I once had many Cisco phones on my Asterisk server, as SCCP or SIP phones. But one must have good knowledge how to build those XML files that are used as config files.

Regards

Danny

3 REPLIES

Hi.You can't.Any Cisco phone

Hi.

You can't.

Any Cisco phone requires a TFTP server to provide firmware and configuration. A VCS is only for device registration.

Therefore, phones rely on a CUCM as a registrar. It's a central (CUCM) vs decentral (VCS) approach.

I once had many Cisco phones on my Asterisk server, as SCCP or SIP phones. But one must have good knowledge how to build those XML files that are used as config files.

Regards

Danny

I must admit I haven't played

I must admit I haven't played with the CP-9971, but we DO register 7960G phones (and similar running the SIP OS) to multiple VCS. There are some oddities, but for our purposes (which is basically a kiosk in bound endpoint) we have managed to get it working.

Thank You for reply........

Thank You for reply........

Views
Helpful
Replies