Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco jabber client phonebook problem

Hi!

Before i upgrade our telepresence systems, TMS 12.6, VCS 6.2 and Expressway 6.2 to TMS 13.2.2, VCS 7.2.2 and Expressway 7.2.2 everything work quite fine. After that our Jabber clients phonebook doens't update if i add new clients to phonebook? Is there something wrong with database or what? Normal device endpoints updated normally.

10 Replies 10

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Are you still using TMSAgent legacy? Is replication running fine if you look at the diagnostics?

/Magnus

Yes. still legacy mode and replication seems to be fine.

Hi,

Tell something, are saying that only the new entries are not shown in the phonebook or are you saying the none is shown in the phonebook?

Regards

Paulo Souza
Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Only new entries are missing.

Hi,

If you go to Manage Phonebook >> Phonebook sources and select the folder Provisioning Source, are you able to see all the contacts there?

Regards

Paulo Souza
Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

hi!

There is all provisioning users but we have manual list were is all contacts. When i add entrys there, those doesn't appear jabber client directory.

Hi Petri,

In order to have this manual list being shared with Jabber clients, you need to add that list to the Provisioning phonebook, have you done that?

1. You need to go to Phonebooks >> Manage Phonebooks.
  2. Select "Provisioning Phone Book". Click on the button "connect".
  3. Select your manual list and click "Ok"

By doing this, you will add your manual list (which is a phonebook source) to the Provisioning Phonebook (which is applied to Jabber clients).

If you have already done that, so check the Provioining Phonebook in the same page above, go to "View contacts" and check if your all contacts are there.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Hi!

we don't have that connect button in our provisioning source?? Only save, test connection and cancel

and in folder there is one client entry who has not added sip address. only name?

view contact pages we have only provisioning clients contact list.

Hi Petri,

I guess you may have misunderstood, you won't find that in Phonebook Source, you will find it under Phonebooks >> Manage Phonebooks, just like a describe above. There you will have the "connect" button.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Like written, its always worth checking that there are no alerts on the TMS, the replication

and that the the TMS agent diagnostics are ok and that the phonebooks on the TMS itself

are set up ok.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Always worth trying, disable and enable the replication again as well as "purge and destroy"

(handle with care as it also kills findme).

If you can not solve it with the info given here and you have a valid service contract,

please consider escalating this case as a service request to Cisco TAC.

Please update us how you fixed it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: