cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber (Movi) & VCS-E does not receive video & audio

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

I've a configuration with a VCS Expressway Starter pack (X7.1) where Ethernet interface 2 is connected to a internal network 192.168.x.x and Ethernet interface 1 is directly connected to the Internet (via a router of the Internet provider).

On the inside network I've a few TC5 & TC4 endpoints and a MCU. Communication from all of these endpoints to the Internet works fine for both H.323 and SIP.

I've also a number of Jabber/Movi accounts on the VCS-E.

Registering with the Jabber accounts to the VCS-E works fine from both the internal and the external networks.

Using on of these Jabber account (v4.3) on the internal or external network to communicate with the endpoints/mcu on the internal network there's no problem.

When using the same Jabber account to call another endpoint on the Internet I always have a one way communication, ie the Jabber does not get video and voice.

I've taken some network traces on the VCS-E but could not find the problem.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

rgds, Geert Folens.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Greet,

Excellent...I am glad it resolved your problem. I would  appreciate if you set the thread as answered!!

Cheers

Alok

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Geert,

- first and foremost check you don;t have inspection running on firewall..

- second when the jabber client is registered to control and calls to another endpoint in internet what happens?

- third when the jabber client registered to expressway what happens?

- are you having TURN enable on expressway ?

- is the jabber clients registering to expressway or control via some VPN tunnel ?

one way video problem could occur because of inspection modifying the setup messages!!

Thanks

Alok

Hello Alok,

No Firewall is used here.

In the mean time I did some network captures on the VCS and saw TURN negociations.

So I tried to disable TURN and this apparently solved the problem.

Video and audio communication now works in both way.

Thanks a lot for the usefull hints.

rgds, Geert.

Hi Greet,

Excellent...I am glad it resolved your problem. I would  appreciate if you set the thread as answered!!

Cheers

Alok