Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco MCU 5310 v 4.4(3.57) Avaya CS1000 v7.5

We are trying to setup a Cisco MCU 5310 for voice participants, calls are routed H.323 from an Avaya cs1000. We do not have a VCS gateway, and are setting this up using H.323. We are able to get inbound calls to connect, but when we have the MCU dial the participant the phone will ring, but the call setup fails as soon as the phone is answered. I have a TAC open, but having trouble getting any support from AVAYA, the Cisco engineer said the call is failing during the H.245 setup Excerpt from the TAC:  "the Nortel side the h225 takes place and the connect message is sent but it does not contain any h245 connection information in the message, the cisco mcu sends the FIN closing down the h225 connection expecting to be able to open a h245 separate connection the Nortel then sends a tcp reset"  The question would be does the Nortel expect to just use same network connection for h245 and can it be configured to send the connection information in the connect message which is what the cisco MCU requires? Anyone have this setup working, I'm not a Avaya person so I'm relying on the phone system vendor to configure that end, is there something missing from there setup. The MCU H.323 is fairly simple, the gatekeeper registration is working!

• TelePresence
Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

Its hard to say if its not

Its hard to say if its not working out of the box, I am not sure if this is a supported environment.

Are there any options for h323 on the avaya site? Maybe there is something to configure which

could fix it. At least on the 5310 site you might be limited.

Is the Avaya PBX capable to use SIP? Maybe thats worth a try as well.

Also if its only the voice termination, maybe adding an additional ip2ip gw would help.

You could also try if a VCS fixes the communication. You can download a OVA and

run a test version supporting one call.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.