Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MCU 5320 and Polycom vsx

Hi!

i have problem with these devices. Content doesn't work correctly. MCU push content to same h.261 protocol with video to vsx endpoint. So quality of content are very poor. Is this interoperative problem or sofware problem?  any other endpoint it works fine.                   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Do you have Basic Mode enable on your Polycom endpoint??

Try do either disable or enable Basic Mode in your Polycom devices, just to see if you get a different behavior. You can find that configuration under System > Admin Settings > Network > Call Preference.

In addition, the release notes for MCU version 4.4 states some interoperability issues with Polycom HDX endpoints when using content with H261 protocol, not sure if that limitation is also applied to VSX series.

Furthermore, I suggest you to check Polycom's documentation to check if VSX endpoints are able to share content using H263 or H264 protocols instead of H261, also check whether there is some version or configuratino required to enable it.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please, provide further information about your environment, including software versions involved, which protocols?Is there VCS involved? And so on...

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

We have vcs with version 7.2.2. TMS 13.2.2. Cisco MCU 5320 and 4510 version 4.4. Polycom VSX6000 sofware version is

release 9.0.6.2-103

Whe this polycom device calls conference, it use h.261 codec. All other clients use usually h.263+ or h.264 codec and content. Polycom seems to use only h.261 protocol.

why it is so?

i think that is there some problems with mcu and vsx ? MCU could not send content using h.239 protocol?

Hi,

Do you have Basic Mode enable on your Polycom endpoint??

Try do either disable or enable Basic Mode in your Polycom devices, just to see if you get a different behavior. You can find that configuration under System > Admin Settings > Network > Call Preference.

In addition, the release notes for MCU version 4.4 states some interoperability issues with Polycom HDX endpoints when using content with H261 protocol, not sure if that limitation is also applied to VSX series.

Furthermore, I suggest you to check Polycom's documentation to check if VSX endpoints are able to share content using H263 or H264 protocols instead of H261, also check whether there is some version or configuratino required to enable it.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Hi!

Thanks for this! First one helps when i disable Basic Mode.

That was a nice ace in the hole! Really!

Basic Mode is used to force the endpoint to negotiate H261. According to Polycom's documentation, this is used to fix some interoperability issues, but in fact, it may cause problems sometimes.

Paulo Souza