Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MCU IP dialing Video Conference

Pedro Francezi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've  install a MCU on my enviroment, but it is not able to dialing to  another video conference device dialing the IP, but it does not conect  the "call".

Are MCU able to make this kind of call?
If yes, how should I proceed with this call?

Thanks and Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pedro,

are you having necessary search rules on VCS to make calls to ip-address?

if you MCU is register to VCS all call req will go to VCS- control and then vcs decides where to make calls. let say you want to call a unit on internet using ip-address.

mcu sends the call req to vcs and then vcs needs a search rule where it shoudl route this ip. by default on vcs "calls to unknown ip" is set to indirect and hence you need to add a search rule on VCS-control like "any" to "any ip-address" target would be traversal zone.

on VCS-E calls to unnknown ip is set to "direct" by default so you don't need any search rules. if the firewall settings are proper then call will get establish.

by the way when you say dial to ip-address, which ip-address you are talking of public ip or interal end point ip?

Rgds

Alok

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Yes, MCUs are able to make those kinds of calls, however, it's impossible to make any suggestions without knowing a bit about your deployment; i.e;

type of MCU,

are you using VCS and/or CUCM for call control,

type of end-points involved,

are these internal or external,

protocol used; H.323 or SIP or both,

is there a firewall involved?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hello,

About your questions:

type of MCU - 4501

are you using VCS and/or CUCM for call control - VCS

type of end-points involved - Tha most devices are C20 Tandberg

are these internal or external - both

protocol used; H.323 or SIP or both - borh

is there a firewall involved - there are no Firewall

The calls work if the user makes it by the "DN", but not by IP.

Thanks and regards

Pedro,

are you having necessary search rules on VCS to make calls to ip-address?

if you MCU is register to VCS all call req will go to VCS- control and then vcs decides where to make calls. let say you want to call a unit on internet using ip-address.

mcu sends the call req to vcs and then vcs needs a search rule where it shoudl route this ip. by default on vcs "calls to unknown ip" is set to indirect and hence you need to add a search rule on VCS-control like "any" to "any ip-address" target would be traversal zone.

on VCS-E calls to unnknown ip is set to "direct" by default so you don't need any search rules. if the firewall settings are proper then call will get establish.

by the way when you say dial to ip-address, which ip-address you are talking of public ip or interal end point ip?

Rgds

Alok