Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server - EDGE IP Addresing

o_unzueta
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

Im planing on implement mi first CMS lab.

Ive already read all the guides, but i want to clarify something before starting the configuration.

The guides sugest to use 3 interfaces on the EDGE server (A for comunicaton to the LAN, B to comunicate to the internet, and C for the turn server).

What ive not clear if all these interfaces should be on the same DMZ?

And if they are, do they share the same IP address??, or do i need to configure 3 IPs (all in the same DMZ) for the 3 interfaces?.

I imagine that if i need 3 IPs on the DMZ, i will also need 3 public IPs (webbridge, loadbalancer and Turn).

Any advice from someone that have already implemented the CMS will be usefull

Thanks in advance!!

Osvaldo

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sushant Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

you don't need three DMZ is for CMS-edge

you can use single IP address for all the services hosted in CMS-edge.

CMS edge will contain below components

Load-balancer

Web bridge

Webadmin

TURN

Sip-edge

you can use LAN a and single IP address for all and do the natting in your firewall use one public IP and point to your cms-edge lan a interface .

View solution in original post

Stephen Carr
Level 1
Level 1

sushant.s is correct, you don't need to overcomplicate it for the CMS Edge to work well. It is more dictated by your DMZ setup. We use a two interface standard in our DMZ so I use two interfaces on our Edge but I do it more as an internal interface and an external one (we don't do NAT so that is how we work it). Thing is, we "expose" the TURN and Web Bridge services on both interfaces then (so we can access them from either direction as needed and controlled by DNS).

So, ikf you don't need that added complexity I would stay with one interface.

P.S. one last caveat, sometimes certificates can also dictate things if you have different naming for each service and don't have a cert that uses SANs

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sushant Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

you don't need three DMZ is for CMS-edge

you can use single IP address for all the services hosted in CMS-edge.

CMS edge will contain below components

Load-balancer

Web bridge

Webadmin

TURN

Sip-edge

you can use LAN a and single IP address for all and do the natting in your firewall use one public IP and point to your cms-edge lan a interface .

Stephen Carr
Level 1
Level 1

sushant.s is correct, you don't need to overcomplicate it for the CMS Edge to work well. It is more dictated by your DMZ setup. We use a two interface standard in our DMZ so I use two interfaces on our Edge but I do it more as an internal interface and an external one (we don't do NAT so that is how we work it). Thing is, we "expose" the TURN and Web Bridge services on both interfaces then (so we can access them from either direction as needed and controlled by DNS).

So, ikf you don't need that added complexity I would stay with one interface.

P.S. one last caveat, sometimes certificates can also dictate things if you have different naming for each service and don't have a cert that uses SANs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: