cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server Monitoring

msamadpour
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a supported monitoring platform for the Cisco Meeting Server (formerly Acano)? SNMP does not provide much detail. 

Does Acano Manager or any other platform provide greater insight? We are looking for overall system health (CPU, etc.) and looking into more granular monitoring of processes/service like XMPP. 

9 Replies 9

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

I looked over the Prime Collaboration Assurance supported devices:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Supported_Devices_for_Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Assurance_11.5

Meeting Server doesn't appear there, even though vTS does. Any insight into how to collect performance and health metrics for new TP deployments?

No mention of CMS within those guides.

By new deployments I meant strictly CMS without vTS+Conductor, since that's the roadmap for Cisco on-premise :)

My comment was referring to TelePresence Server deployments with Conductor.  CMS isn't supported yet with Prime Collaboration, just have to wait for them to include it.  In the meantime you can reach out to your Account Manager and open an enhancement request for it to be included.

I spoke with them a couple of days ago, it's a work in progress. No details yet.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your CMS is a VM, you can monitor CPU and memory from the ESXI or vCenter, however there isn't any solution that I'm aware that can provide data on the various CMS services (Call Bridge, XMPP, etc).

Regarding Acano Manager, you'll need to reach out to VQ Communications as that isn't a Cisco product.

Stefan
Level 1
Level 1

You should check out with the team from IR (www.ir.com). With Prognosis for UC they can help you get more out of CMS than just SNMP.

Stefan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you should check with IR (ir.com). Providing specialized UC monitoring with their solution Prognosis.

They are able to monitor the CMS server over different APIs like SNMP, REST, CDRs together with all the other components and video endpoints (CUCM, Telepresence, Expressway, Gateways, SBCs, Contact Center...)

Stefan is correct. Check out this blog https://community.ir.com/t5/Prognosis-Blog/Are-you-ready-for-Cisco-preferred-architecture-for-UC-with-CMS/ba-p/5461 in the Prognosis Community web site.