Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco MX300 dual registration: SIP & H323

Hello,

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to have an MX300 register both using SIP and H323 at the same time?

Thanks,
Hans                  

3 REPLIES

Can't see why not considering it's using a C20 type codec (don't know if the newer ones use SX20 instead), so it's just like any other C-series as far as I know. Even the web gui screenshot in the admin guide shows it as being registered to both.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

On a VCS-C yes you can.

If you use CUCM as the provisionning entity it's not possible see below.

Provisioning support

When using CUCM provisioning, the endpoint cannot register to a VCS (SIP or H323) at the same time. This use-case is not supported by Cisco. When CUCM provisioning is active, H323 mode is disabled. Cisco recommends TelePresence customers to migrate from H323 to SIP.

JC

Cisco Employee

Jean-Christophe,

You are absolutely right that you should not mix UCM and VCS registrations like that in a production environment.

That being said, it seems to work on older endpoint software; I for example keep some of my TC5.1 endpoints registered on SIP to an UCM and on H.323 to a VCS-C. This is for lab / test use though, and I would never do it like that in production.

Kjetil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content