cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MXP 990 PAL Software Upgrade License.

I have a MXP 990 PAL running software version F9.0.2 I want to Upgrade it to version F9.3.1 My Question is do I need a license and an Option Key files for this upgrae?

thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

If you had a valid release key for F9.0.2 then any upgrade within F9.x should not require a new Release Key. Record all the Option Keys you have just in case.

View solution in original post

Steve Kapinos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not if the codec already has a valid 9.x release key on the system.

The trick was in the past, if the codec was factory loaded with a release, it would not have the release key for that release.  So the first time you did an upgrade, you needed your same release key. 

MXP doesn't allow the upgrade without the right release key (TC software does the upload first..)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

If you had a valid release key for F9.0.2 then any upgrade within F9.x should not require a new Release Key. Record all the Option Keys you have just in case.

Steve Kapinos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not if the codec already has a valid 9.x release key on the system.

The trick was in the past, if the codec was factory loaded with a release, it would not have the release key for that release.  So the first time you did an upgrade, you needed your same release key. 

MXP doesn't allow the upgrade without the right release key (TC software does the upload first..)

Thanks Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks Lawrence.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: