Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX10 Standalone Capabilities

clarencemaseko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Going through the SX10 data sheet I saw that it has support for the H.323 protocol so I was wondering if this device could be used as standalone just like we do with SX20. 

I want to setup just 2 video rooms for the same organization so standalone will be more cost effective.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you can!

You can Use SIP (with "Listen Port: On") as well for standalone, you don´t -have- to use H323.

/Magnus

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at Vivek's reply in sx20-as-standalone, the configuration is the same for the SX10 as it is with the SX20, be sure that you're running CE8.2 and later which supports H323.  Take note that if you deploy the endpoint using a public IP address, recommend you put it behind your organization's firewall and restrict all incoming traffic to specific IPs you want to conference with. If you do not, the endpoint will be scanned by external systems hosted on the internet, and you'll start to begin to receive toll-fraud calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: